Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I did it...

Posted by bolimasa 
I did it...
September 13, 2018 12:20AM
I had my ablation on Monday.
I'm almost afraid to say anything, for fear of jinxing it, but my heart sure feels nice and calm and wonderful now.

I hope I'm lucky and it stays this way. (Everything I read here makes me nervous about feeling so good.)
Any advice on how to make a good ablation stick?
Re: I did it...
September 13, 2018 12:24AM
Yay for you!

Just take it easy and enjoy normal sinus rhythm. Revel in it!

And don't get discouraged if you hit the bumps in the road. It's part of the blanking period. It will pass and it doesn't indicate failure.
September 13, 2018 12:40AM
Carey
Yay for you!

And don't get discouraged if you hit the bumps in the road. It's part of the blanking period. It will pass and it doesn't indicate failure.

I will try to remember that, and try not to freak out if it gets a little weird. But I sure hope it doesn't!!!! (I really don't want a repeat ablation!!!!)

Now I really wonder how long I've had this problem.... As if this is how I'm supposed to feel I think I've been off much longer than my May diagnosis.
September 13, 2018 03:00AM
Carey
Yay for you!

Amen to that! (Hopeany bumps you might hit bolimasa aren’t as bad as the one I’m caught up in at the moment!)
September 13, 2018 07:59AM
Here's to a gentle blanking period and long-term NSR thumbs up
September 13, 2018 01:25PM
Happy reading you're fine and in NSR.
Keep quiet.
All the best wishes.
September 13, 2018 03:04PM
mwcf
Amen to that! (Hopeany bumps you might hit bolimasa aren’t as bad as the one I’m caught up in at the moment!)

Like I said...you guys scare me!
Hope your bump levels out soon!
September 14, 2018 09:01PM
It’ll all be good. “Bumps” are just that. Bumps. Not going to hurt you and will be rear-view mirror anecdotes in short time.
September 15, 2018 04:16AM
bolimasa

Like I said...you guys scare me!
Hope your bump levels out soon!

Thanks Bolimasa!

Yes that rather hard bump I took has levelled out. (Not AF thankfully rather a whole bunch runs of atrial ectopics interspersed with some NSR.)

You're going to be fine!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login