Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Canadian pharmacy

Posted by Tilden 
Canadian pharmacy
September 10, 2018 05:38PM
I'm taking 5mg of Eliquis twice a day. The first month I received a free 30 supply card from my doctor.
The second and third month I payed $450.00 with a small discount from an online site.
My doctor gave me a 90 day prescription so I could buy it from a online pharmacy in Canada where it will be much less expensive.
However, I'm not that comfortable ordering from a site I know nothing about.
Do any of you have a recommendation for where I can purchase my prescription in Canada?
My "insurance" does not cover Eliquis.

Thank you and I greatly appreciate any help.
Re: Canadian pharmacy
September 10, 2018 06:55PM
Amazing you can pay out of pocket, and still get them cheaper in Canada (which is common for many medications, by the way....even if your insurance did cover it). I know you probably feel guilty about it, right? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 07:03PM by jpeters.
September 10, 2018 08:47PM
I've been using planetdrugsdirect.com for one of my wife's prescriptions for over a year now. Totally legit, reliable and vetted. Just be aware that the drugs you order will likely come from offshore sources and will take 3-5 weeks to arrive, so plan accordingly.
September 10, 2018 09:32PM
I've used Goldpharma <[goldpharma.cn] for ~10 years to purchase flecainide. They are european and a broker. So you may see the same med quoted more than once, each coming from a different pharmacy. I recently ordered a med for a family member that came from a Berlin pharmacy. Both generic and name brand were quoted. I paid extra for the name brand. In the case of Eliquis (apixaban), It looks like $2.20 -$2.40 US per pill (depending on quantity) for either a 2.5mg or 5mg dose. These meds seem to take 3 or so weeks including shipping. For a while you couldn't use a credit card, thanks to US govt regs. That seems to have gone away and you can use a card again. Using my card, my bank rejected the charge so I had to call them and say it was in fact me using the card. I reordered and the band remembered and I had no problem.

When I ordered flec, I got Apocard, which nicely came in film coated pack, which means the pills don't degrade as fast. This is nice for me as i use it so infrequently. I usually put a limit of 5 years and will replace my supply at that point.
September 12, 2018 03:08AM
Sadly, it's becoming the same way in the UK. We're finding it's much cheaper to get many medications from European pharmacy websites.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login