Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cutting 20 mg Xarelto in half.

Posted by smackman 
Cutting 20 mg Xarelto in half.
September 08, 2018 06:37PM
I currently take 2.5 mg of Eliquis a 2X a day. This was mandatory after my 2nd Ablation because I have no Evidence of a A Wave on Mitral Inflow. Everything else in the Report is normal. Anyway, This is why I take a blood thinner for life.

Here is my Question;
My Daddy passed away approximately 11 days ago. He was 85 and in Permanent AFIB. He was taking 20 mg of Xarelto a day. Can I split this Xarelto in half? Before swapping to Eliquis, I was on 10 mg of Xarelto 1x a day.
These blood thinners are Expensive and I hate to throw them away. I have 50 of them.
Thanks
Re: Cutting 20 mg Xarelto in half.
September 08, 2018 06:51PM
The manufacturer says Xarelto can be crushed, so that means it can also be split.

I'm sorry for your loss.
September 08, 2018 07:35PM
smackman
. He was taking 20 mg of Xarelto a day. Can I split this Xarelto in half?

I saw some studies that found that a decreased dose was ineffective in preventing clots. Don't know if there are studies regarding mixing NOAC's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 07:39PM by jpeters.
September 09, 2018 10:55AM
jpeters

. He was taking 20 mg of Xarelto a day. Can I split this Xarelto in half?

I saw some studies that found that a decreased dose was ineffective in preventing clots. Don't know if there are studies regarding mixing NOAC's.

I have went from Eliquis to Xarelto and back to Eliquis Due to Part D Insurance coverage from year to year without issue and with the blessing of Austin’s Arrhythmia Center.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login