Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aflutter questions

Posted by Dinodog 
Aflutter questions
September 05, 2018 06:11PM
I am awaiting a touch up ablation and my symptoms are rapidly deteriorating. Now it’s becoming daily afib minimum 2 hours and currently 4 and counting. About to be forced out on medical leave until I get my ablation as I can’t predict episodes and when they happen can’t talk breathe well or drive. Shannon mentioned that I might also have aflutter now as rates up in 180s. I’m very dizzy when this happens. Echo is Friday and waiting on ablation date. Any special concerns with aflutter v afib that I need to be aware of in terms of when to get medical care? I don’t know for sure that is added in but suspect that it is. It all starts 2 pm or later and I literally can’t identify triggers anymore. It does what it wants. I’m able to do my 3-4 mike brisk walk in morning and feel good then. Is that still safe? I hope so as it’s the only thing keeping me sane. Thanks so much everyone.
Tracy
Re: Aflutter questions
September 05, 2018 09:27PM
Hi Tracy,

Yes, your walks are perfectly safe. Whether you have afib or flutter isn't possible to discern from the rate alone. Although you may well also have flutter, I think you may have misunderstood Shannon because 180 doesn't suggest flutter. It's more likely afib, especially since you experience dizziness, shortness of breath, etc. Flutter is less likely to produce those symptoms than afib.

When is your ablation? Are you on any rate or rhythm control meds?
Re: Aflutter questions
September 06, 2018 03:05PM
Thanks Carey. I probably did misunderstand Shannon as he was kind enough to give me a lot of information at once. On rate control not rhythm as surgeon wants to see echo results first and I’ve already failed two rhythm drugs. Waiting on ablation date hoping very soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login