Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post Ablation GI issues.

Posted by dartisskis 
Post Ablation GI issues.
September 05, 2018 09:38AM
Good day everyone. I came back to NY from Austin this Sunday (Sep 2) after my touch up procedure. Procedure went well. Dr. Natale cleaned up (in his own words) his work which he did 10 years ago. Two of my pulmonary veins reconnected, CS completely reconnected, he also ablated posterior wall and "delayed" signals from LAA. My LAA produced only ectopics and Dr. Natale said that nothing justified to completely electrically isolate LAA. My heart is ticking in a range of 70 to 80 ( which surprised me since after the first ablation 10 years ago i woke up with HR closer to 90). So far only few extra systoles felt on occasion after second procedure. So heart is suspiciously quiet smiling smiley))).

Now the bad part. I have been having bad GI issues almost since day 2 of the procedure. Severe diarrhea, when i burp I feel like "rotten eggs" smell coming from the stomach even my wife felt it in a car when i burped. This smell comes and goes and it seems it appears after i try to eat something. At first i thought i caught a stomach bug but it seems that I am mistaken. I also heard vagus nerve injury after ablation. Did anybody hear/experience about GI issues after ablation and how soon did it resolve?

Deniss

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2018 07:34PM by dartisskis.
Re: Post Ablation GI issues.
September 05, 2018 02:13PM
Yep!

Though I had the opposite problem: gastroparesis. This was after my Natale index ablation about a year and a half ago.

Apparently, vagus nerve stunning can happen with RF ablation, but the good news is that it doesn't seem to last long. My symptoms peaked on the third day, and resolved in about a week. So hang in there, it'll probably go away by itself, and soon.

Jason
September 05, 2018 04:37PM
It could also be effects of the anesthesia. Sometimes it takes a while for the intestines to resume normal function after anesthesia, and that could explain your symptoms.
September 09, 2018 01:50AM
Like to hear from you. I would appreciate your efforts and all the best for the future enforcement. I am fina abbar working with the jeddahmovers. A famous Relocation Companies in Jeddah.
September 09, 2018 08:14AM
jeddahmovers
Like to hear from you. I would appreciate your efforts and all the best for the future enforcement. I am fina abbar working with the jeddahmovers. A famous Relocation Companies in Jeddah.

Getting some spam etc. here with this member it looks like. If we could get a mod to delete the post/member account. Please don't follow the link anyone.
September 10, 2018 03:59PM
Thanks to all who answered. My GI issues slowly but steadily getting resolved on it's own. Steel not 100% there yet but almost. I feel fine and even went fishing this weekend in a kayak. So far so good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login