Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linus Pauling Treatment

Posted by lkwetter 
Linus Pauling Treatment
August 28, 2018 11:53AM
Hello,
I used to be active on this forum years ago. I had an ablation with Dr. Moeen Abedin in El Paso, TX at least 6 years ago and have been doing great so far. Recently, I had available to me a book on the Linus Pauling treatment for heart disease and it dawned on me that this is rarely mentioned on this group as something anyone is trying. I wondered why that is. According to this book, vitamin C lasts in the system a very short time, less than an hour and it is essential for the process of repair to the tissues of the cardiovascular system and that those with cardiovascular disease have chronic low grade scurvy and weakened and damaged cells of the vascular system. As an experiment, I decided to increase my vitamin C to bowel tolerance and I put it in my herbal tea so that I am getting a small amount throughout the day. What I noticed was a significant improvement in my overall energy and general health.

It seems to me that a-fib is the result of weakened and damaged tissues from years of abuse or inadequate diet or diseases, etc. All the supplements recommended on this site are targeted in a big part to restoration of tissue health and function. So, it seems to me that the Linus Pauling treatment should prove beneficial and might actually help the body more effectively use all the other supplements. There is a principle in agricultural science called Liebig's Law of the Minimum, which basically says that you can provide all kinds of nutrients to a plant, but if one is inadequate, the utilization of the rest, and associated health and growth are limited by that one inadequate nutrient. So, it seems to me that you can pump yourself full of all kinds of supplements, but if just one thing is inadequate, the amount of benefit you get from them might be quite small.

My general question is "Why don't a-fibbers consider the Pauling Thereapy?" Can some of you comment on this?
Re: Linus Pauling Treatment
August 28, 2018 02:11PM
lkwetter
It seems to me that a-fib is the result of weakened and damaged tissues from years of abuse or inadequate diet or diseases, etc.

Then why do people who lead extremely healthy lives get afib and people who lead extremely unhealthy lives don't?
August 28, 2018 04:00PM
I think Life is full of mysteries. I know individuals who died of Cancer in their 50’s and I know Smokers who lived to be 95. Now, I do not smoke and I firmly believe tobacco is a legalized drug.

All we can do is be smart and hopefully Life will be good to us. I ask myself many times why did I get AFIB. My Daddy who is almost 86 lives in AFIB but I had AFIB 3 years before he was diagnosed with it. Nobody else in my big family of 8 has AFIB and I am the 3rd born out of 6 kids.

I have had other health obstacles to overcome in the last 10 years.

Sometimes Life just deals individuals a dirty blow. Currently, I thank God everyday for the gift of life.
August 30, 2018 06:51AM
"My general question is "Why don't a-fibbers consider the Pauling Thereapy?" Can some of you comment on this?"

I took 4 gms of Vit C daily for 2 years and was afib free. When I did go out of NSR, I considered IV C of 30 gms, but decided against it. Possibly it could have converted me, but very expensive root so I chose a ten cent med instead. Inflammation is the enemy of our hearts I would guess so Vit C may work. I would say anything is worth a shot, even Paulings Therapy.
January 28, 2019 10:27AM
Hm-m-m-m, could genetics be involved? confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login