Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2nd Ablation w/ Dr N

Posted by Victoria 
2nd Ablation w/ Dr N
August 22, 2018 10:20PM
Met with Dr. Natale today in Thousand Oaks. I'll be doing my 2nd ablation this Friday. First was this past April. Have had some runs of AF and what feels to me like flutter but could be tachy. Had an episode this morning that lasted 3 hours and have that every few days. He said he will know more once he's in there. May have to involve the LAA. Grateful that he comes here once a month. Excited because I'm planning to get knee replacement surgery later in October so will just be through the two month blanking period. And excited because I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum so this ablation will cost me zero. And the knee surgery too! and the other knee in December too! It's been the one good thing about having a stroke in January. My first ablation was free too. Anything I need a doctor for I'm trying to get done by the end of the year!

There actually has been a few blessings to come from the stroke. Flipped a switch in my brain and have lost 70 pounds. My taste buds have changed. I can now eat spicy foods! And, this may sound weird, but I hear music differently. I don't notice it until I hear an older song on the radio. Listening I think, wow, this is a real good cover of that old song. And then they say who's playing, and it is the old song by the original artist. It's like I'm hearing it for the first time and it's really fabulous.
Re: 2nd Ablation w/ Dr N
August 22, 2018 11:43PM
So happy for you Victoria. You have really been through the ringer this year but have remained positive.

Keep us posted
August 23, 2018 02:50AM
What rocketritch says (-:
August 23, 2018 09:34AM
Wow, very best to you! The old song that sends me on the memory thing every time is Brandy by Looking Glass.
August 23, 2018 10:27AM
Great news, Victoria. I'm so pleased you were able to be treated by Dr. Natale and I wish you the very best outcome.
I'll be watching for your news.
Kind regards,
Jackie
August 23, 2018 02:15PM
Best wishes for a successful outcome for all of it!

George
August 27, 2018 06:58PM
Thank you for all your well wishes. 2nd ablation went well. He did not have to isolate the LAA which is great. So we'll see how it goes and hopefully this did the trick.
August 30, 2018 09:48AM
Best wishes for a speedy and calm recovery. Your positive attitude is inspirational and what I needed at this time- thank you.
Tracy
September 02, 2018 02:20PM
Thats great that he did not have to isolate the LAA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login