Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Laying down and arrhythmia

Posted by MissSunshine 
Laying down and arrhythmia
August 20, 2018 05:38AM
I am 10 week post second ablation. For the past few nights, I have been having runs of skipped or early beats when I lay down. I get up, and they go away. Has anyone else experienced this? I was able to record it on my monitor. I will see what my afib nurse tells me with regards to the type of arrhythmia. I am just curious if I am an anomaly or if others have experienced this and the hope of it going away. Thank you!
Re: Laying down and arrhythmia
August 20, 2018 08:56AM
Do they occur more when laying on one side versus the other?
August 20, 2018 09:05AM
If I have learned one thing about AFIB IT is Anxiety, Fear, Worry and constantly checking or trying to detect every heart beat will cause Arrhythmias. I have had 2 Ablations with Dr. Natale in 2014 and 2016.
I stopped listening and monitoring every supposed heart hiccup I thought I felt. Ever since I made that decision, I have moved on with Life ina good way.
I do realize that being in NSR is a beautiful thing. I do not take it for granite. I know it’s possible I could have a AFIB encounter again but I know Anxiety, Fear etc can expedite this possibility.
Relax. Life is Good.
August 20, 2018 10:01AM
MissSunshine
I am 10 week post second ablation. For the past few nights, I have been having runs of skipped or early beats when I lay down. I get up, and they go away. Has anyone else experienced this? I was able to record it on my monitor. I will see what my afib nurse tells me with regards to the type of arrhythmia. I am just curious if I am an anomaly or if others have experienced this and the hope of it going away. Thank you!

Most likely cortisol, which is highest in the morning. Comes down when you get moving,
August 20, 2018 11:09AM
I'm still experiencing this kind of troubles after 3 procedures. I agree with Smackman. It's better not worrying with those ectopics. Changing posture slowly or, at least, not abruptly may help.
When I go to bed, I usually have some PACs I don't worry about. When they persist, I try another position or stand up and move quietly for some minutes.
August 20, 2018 01:01PM
Thank you all for your response. I have always heard that laying on the left side may be a trigger so I don’t lay on the left. It happens when I lay flat on my back. Smackman, I completely ageee with you about anxiety. I have never before dealt with anxiety and it is exhausting. I am just trying to move on and live my life like I always have, on fire! Dr Horton, my EP, told me just that. Go live your life!!! What is the worst that can happen? Go in Afib? Been there and survived!! That is my mantra and for the most part it works. I just hate being so aware of every beat of my heart.

JPeters - you are right. When I get moving, all is well. I have been traveling this week and have not been able to get out and jog. That may be part of it too. Pompon, sleeping in a recliner has been my new normal!!

Thank you all. I meet with Dr Horton in his Dallas office next week. The hope is to wear a monitor for a week and get off Xarelto, if it is safe. Here’s to steady beats for all of us!!
August 20, 2018 01:44PM
jpeters
Most likely cortisol, which is highest in the morning. Comes down when you get moving,

Interesting. I easily have PACs in the morning if I awake and stay in bed. (I've better stand up and move without waiting too long.)
August 20, 2018 09:50PM
My afib nurse said the monitor reading showed normal sinus rhythm with PACs. As so many of you wisely advised, I need to stop taking my pulse and chill out! No amount of worry will stop what may happen but it certainly can start something!! Have a good night, all.
August 20, 2018 10:02PM
I ran this afternoon, probably a bit dehydrated given the swampy nature of our Southeastern climate in August. I had plenty of PACs during the first half of my five mile course. I simply refused to acknowledge them and put them out of my mind. Nothing bad happened, and I finished feeling much better than I started. So, yes, mind over matter. It’s true.
August 22, 2018 03:49AM
After my ablation I got this for about 6 months, it gradually goes away. It was worrying and a bit scary as if not experienced this before the ablation but it does pass. I can go for days or weeks without any ectopics these days but I also take potassium, taurine and l-arginine which appears to help in that!
August 31, 2018 04:37PM
I have always experienced ectopic beats when I lie down, ever since I first suffered AF ten years ago (although I've never had an ablation). The ectopics only last about 20 seconds. Had always thought it was my heart stuggling to adjust to horizontal posture. I have v low blood pressure, which may contribute to it. Cardiologist could not explain it. Nor could he explain why I often burp excessively when I experience ectopics (with any posture). Not sure which causes which. Suspect it's the vegal nerve causing both, but don't really know
Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2018 04:40PM by robh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login