Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

symptoms after blanking period

Posted by libby 
symptoms after blanking period
August 17, 2018 07:14PM
I just past the three month mark and had a minor episode yesterday. I'm usually one to feel every ectopic, but didn't feel anything heart wise at first. I felt funny in my head, then noticed my heart rate pick up. It was in the low 100's. It was regular. I was sitting in a meeting at work. It lasted 10-15 minutes. I left the meeting and got my event monitor in my desk; I think I caught the end of it. Not sure if it was SVT or a-flutter, but as I said it was regular. My legs felt a little rubbery for a few hours. Now I'm worried about things starting up. Please give me your 2 cents on "after the blanking period".
Thanks!
Re: symptoms after blanking period
August 17, 2018 07:36PM
You are just 3 months but that isn’t a hard number. I would not be too concerned yet. Are you on any meds.
August 17, 2018 07:52PM
If it was regular then it was most likely flutter. Flutter is common following ablations. The good news is it didn't sustain and only lasted 10-15 minutes. That's a positive sign.
August 17, 2018 08:56PM
I had several runs of that both in and outside the blanking period. Just like the Heart went on “afterburner” all of a sudden. Fortunately they never lasted more than probably 30 seconds or so, but they sure did scare the pants off of me the first few times. They finally went away and never came back. I wouldn’t panic about it, but certainly report it to your EP.
August 17, 2018 10:07PM
Thanks everyone!!
I'm only on Eliquis.
August 18, 2018 01:17PM
I had second ablation with Dr Natale on April 17th (2 more prior to Dr Natale's with local EP) - stopped meds (Flec and Atenolol) July 7th. Now just on Eliquis. I had no problems during blanking period - perfect NSR. My issue now is dealing with essentially daily episodes of PACs to varying degrees. Dealing with them at night can be a challenge! I've had two very brief episodes of tachy (about 10-15 seconds); one about week after stopping the meds and one last night. They bring you to attention! My nurse coordinator (Curry) at St David's said not to worry about the tachy run because it self corrected. Although, it stays in your mind that this could be a precursor to future flutter. Dealing with PACs post ablation seems to be an ongoing struggle with many on this board and their practical/technical advice is priceless. I've never tried supplements but I am thinking very hard about taking them now. Also, there is post from Shannon where he says that it is not uncommon or even expected that ectopics will be present post ablation but have a very good chance of resolving on there own within this period. (although they can go on for much longer as attested by those on the board). At this point I'm hoping for the best! All the best!
August 18, 2018 05:59PM
Thanks Joseph!! Your post sounds just like me. I've had two short episodes of a tachy rhythm, one that lasted seconds and another that was 15 minutes at most (and I think PAC's). I will try to be better with supplements too and look over all I can to work this out.
August 19, 2018 07:10AM
I know they say 3 months a."blanking" period but seriously I have ectopics and fleeting tachy runs up to a beyond a year after ablations, so don't panic. Try and stay calm. If episodes are fleeting that's a good thing.
August 19, 2018 09:48AM
Hello Libby - are you doing anything to maintain the optimization of your intracellular levels of magnesium and potassium and limiting the antagonists...sodium and calcium?

Many of us have found the need to continue with supplements along with a smart diet and lifestyle that supports and stabilizes NSR. Also, be sure you are hydrating very well - continually...especially if you live in an area with the intense summer heat many of us are experiencing.

Jackie
August 19, 2018 10:19AM
tsco
I know they say 3 months a."blanking" period but seriously I have ectopics and fleeting tachy runs up to a beyond a year after ablations, so don't panic. Try and stay calm. If episodes are fleeting that's a good thing.

Yeah, mine went on for a good year. I think I finally got the mix right with the mag glycinate and taurine which put them to bed. I’ll still get a PAC out of the blue but I just ignore those. If it’s not sustaining, I’m not complaining!

So, Libby, not to worry. What actually might be a good idea (which I didn’t do but should have) is to keep a diary or log of episodes and also note things like meals and supplements. That may show trends and correlations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login