Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

During an ablation

Posted by juanLopez1245 
During an ablation
August 15, 2018 09:35AM
Can the physician see anything else wrong when inside your heart? I dont know what else he could see, but Im just wondering. Im having my first ablation this coming Tuesday the 21st. I get wicked pains in the back of my neck, sharp pains here and there in my head, and last night my left arm was aching for hours. My heart rate was ok, in the 60's and one spike to 130, which is a daily occurance for me, and I got super warm. However I did not go into afib. I have the kardia device and checked immediately. But I felt like hell, lethargic. So then of course I was paranoid and anxious and couldnt fall back asleep. Just wondering what else, if anything, they can see while doing the ablation.

Thanks everyone,

Juan
Re: During an ablation
August 15, 2018 10:06AM
There are many tests like echocardiagrams, stress tests, angiograms, etc, to diagnose cardiac problems. I think that what they read during an ablation is more specific to that procedure (measuring electrical responses that trigger the afib). Most likely, the EP or cardio would check you out before allowing the ablation procedure if they suspected problems.
August 15, 2018 10:39AM
What they see during an ablation is the electrical activity on the inside of the heart, specifically the left atrium. Nothing more.

If you're having other symptoms that you believe to be related to your heart, tell your doctor right away. If you haven't had an echo, that might be a good idea. It's easy, quick, and painless.
August 15, 2018 11:13AM
I had 2 echos; one just after the initial afib diagnosis and one about a year later. The first showed slightly enlarged heart, and the 2nd came back normal. Im on Sotolol and metropolol (and eloquis) but I dont remember reading side effects being these aches, sharp pains, and getting warm. My left arm was the one that had me concerned. It was aching big time, and my finger tips were tingly.
August 15, 2018 11:14AM
And I had a heart cath as well...came back all good.
August 15, 2018 01:53PM
An ablation won't detect heart problems other than arrhythmias. You need to mention these symptoms to your EP before the ablation. ASAP would be good. What you describe with your let arm sounds more like a nerve or circulation issue in that arm, but arm pain can be angina. An echo would not detect a partial blockage. But what do you mean you've had a heart cath and all came back good? Why were you catheterized?
September 19, 2018 12:43PM
Carey
An ablation won't detect heart problems other than arrhythmias. You need to mention these symptoms to your EP before the ablation. ASAP would be good. What you describe with your let arm sounds more like a nerve or circulation issue in that arm, but arm pain can be angina. An echo would not detect a partial blockage. But what do you mean you've had a heart cath and all came back good? Why were you catheterized?

Sorry just getting back here. I was catheterized because they gave me a stress test (nuclear) and it came back possible 3 blockages. But when the cath was done, i was deemed "all clear".

Its been 4 weeks (yesterday) since the ablation, and I gotta say, although I havent gone into AFIB, I do not feel all that great. Tired, lethargic, palpitations.... not going into afib is the only post ablation difference for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login