Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jackie - best magnesium powder to use?

Posted by Nancy2 
Jackie - best magnesium powder to use?
August 13, 2018 08:55AM
I was devoted to Bluebonnet's chelated/albion magnesium capsules, since that ended I've been using a variety of powders. Doctor's Best doesn't seem to be working for me, so sticking to the powders. I was wondering if you had any suggestions as the best one/s to use?
Nancy
Re: Jackie - best magnesium powder to use?
August 13, 2018 09:24AM
Nancy2 - Clarify, please about the Bluebonnet product .... it's no longer available?

I just checked online and found this [www.amazon.com]

There are versions of the Albion chelated magnesium bisglycinate that also include the descriptive word... "buffered."
This means magnesium oxide is added to the formula... (I think it's more of a filler since true magnesium bisglycinate chelate is formulated not to be affected by stomach acid and therefore needs no "buffer." The oxide form of magnesium is the least absorbable so when it's included, you get less than the labeled amount of active magnesium.

Do a search online to see if you can find the Magnesium bisglycinate chelated powder made by Klaire Labs. That's the pure powder with no buffers.

As for other powders, many like the Natural Calm which is a blend of Ionic magnesium citrate (created from a highly absorbable proprietary blend of citric acid and magnesium carbonate). It can, however, cause laxation as magnesium citrate is used for that purpose and is why I've always preferred the Albion chelated because (for me), I can achieve higher dosing without the bowel effects until doses become much higher. Plus the chelated version is intended not to break down stomach acid and combine with other components. Yet... many people do well with the Calm product.... so worth considering.

Another form to consider is magnesium malate although I'm not aware if it comes in a powder or not.

I believe GeorgeN found a powder form he likes.

Jackie
August 13, 2018 12:37PM
Jackie

Do a search online to see if you can find the Magnesium bisglycinate chelated powder made by Klaire Labs. That's the pure powder with no buffers.

Found this one by Natural Life:

[www.amazon.com]

The capsules from Klaire Labs contain the buffer.

"bisglycinate chelate, and magnesium oxide from Albion Laboratories are the listed main ingredients."
August 13, 2018 12:52PM
Thanks - yes - I've found that most capsules now contain the oxide....but not all.

That Natural Life product does have the TRAACs designation giving it the Albion credentials.

Klaire Labs does make a pure, unbuffered powder... but it may not be available online.

Jackie
August 14, 2018 07:58PM
Jackie, thanks for the info,
Nancy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2018 08:00PM by Nancy2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login