Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to the Forum/Site

Posted by grace123 
New to the Forum/Site
August 12, 2018 06:35PM
I'm happy to have found this site and forum. I've already been helped greatly by the info on Vagal AFib.

I was first diagnosed in July 2013, had a cardioversion that lasted all of 2 weeks that August, then had my first ablation in Dec. 2013. I had no episodes until April 2017. I had 3 unexpectedly difficult encounters with 3 people in my life at the time and the stress of it triggered AFib.

In 2016, I started working with a wonderful acupuncturist /Doctor of Integrative medicine to boost my system overall. Turns out that while the ablation had stopped the AFib, which I was so grateful for, the experience hit my immune system quite hard and I'd been struggling ever since with feeling weak and easily getting sick. I still work with this acupuncturist and it's been fascinating to see the difference the herbs and treatments have made overall, even though I still have episodes. I had my second ablation in Dec. 2017 with a different, very highly regarded EP and practice that has performed thousands of ablations. I felt dramatically better the moment I woke up and it was a positive experience....but 7 months later, I'm still having occasional episodes.

The experience of having an ablation is nothing I fear; I actually enjoyed this last one because the level of care was fantastic. My system is quite sensitive, though, so it's the collateral damage of the experience that's concerning and has me questioning whether I'd want to have a 3rd one. I continue to work with my acupuncturist and also a wonderful homeopath who has recently helped someone with really bad AFib to stop having episodes.

In retrospect, while at times it's been pretty crazy-making, I've actually enjoyed the process of identifying triggers because I've cleared out some unhealthy people and habits and my life is better for it overall. Though I'm still having episodes, they're definitely milder than they've been. I'm really curious to see how the new info I've gleaned from this site will help.

Triggers I've identified:
EMFs: I found something called a "Defendershield" made by the company of the same name. I put it under my laptop and have really noticed a difference! I'd get triggered after long periods of working on the computer and I'd also get that fluttery feeling after being on my laptop for a bit. I also put my phone in a Faraday Bag at night to reduce EMFs.

Steroids: My acupuncturist tells me they can increase heart rate and trigger AFib. I had a horrible experience with them after a dermatologist prescribed a steroid cream without telling me exactly what it was. Lesson learned there! Must always speak up and ask questions.

The Vagus Nerve connection: Eating too late, eating too many foods that cause inflammation, lying on my back. Recipe for a sleepless night of AFib. I changed all of that last night and it made a huge difference!

I'm eager to hear more from folks with Vagal Afib. I'm just starting to research that and see what questions it might spur for my EP check up next month. I'm sure that this is what I have.

Appreciate having found you,
Grace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login