Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In afib but normal HR

Posted by Joe 
Joe
In afib but normal HR
July 23, 2018 09:09PM
Went to the GP today with a bad cold that has been lasting for 5/6 days. She found my HR a little irregular @ 87 when they did the EKG and 68 when i sat down in her office. P wave is excellent and so is QRS.
Last time my EF was checked it was 55. The GP thinks i definitely should be on an anticoagulant because a clot can form in the left ventricle.

With just a slight irregular HR (the R peaks don'd line up perfectly) and considering my cold, any thought would be very much welcome.
Re: In afib but normal HR
July 24, 2018 12:30AM
Was your GP able to diagnose afib? It sounds kind of dodgy.

Do you know your CHADS-Vasc score? Is it 2 or higher? If so, then probably yes to the anticoagulants, but you should be getting this advice from a cardiologist, not a GP.
Joe
July 24, 2018 03:58AM
Thanks Carey!
I'd call it an irregular rythm. The GP took my pulse and noticed the irregularity (went there because of my heavy cold). She checked the distances between the Rs.
My score is 1 to 1.5? 68yo and had permanent afib for 4 months. Virtually afib free for the last 1.5 years (1x 5/6hour and self converted and 2x 10/15 minutes also self converted. Stopped all medication last November.
July 24, 2018 09:52AM
I think she meant the possibility of a clot in the left atrium, not the left ventricle.

If you see P-waves, you're not in AF. Something sounds amiss here. I second Carey's comments about seeing a cardiologist.
Joe
July 24, 2018 06:47PM
Thanks wolfpack! That's what i thought, there is a P wave.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login