Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Personal Update/ablated 2012-doing well but......

Posted by Poppino 
My Personal Update/ablated 2012-doing well but......
July 16, 2018 12:17PM
After many cardiofversions 2005-12 I was PVI/Flutter ablated and have done well, yes an episode here and there but almost always short lived, I never! have fib anymore, now its what my EP calls Atypical Flutter and he says its left sided since right flutter was ablated. 2.5 wks ago I have a 230 AM episode that hung on at 130 till 8-9 AM so I went to ER to get it EKG'd My EP called me that Saturday morning and said Id convert soon, damn he was right, 30 mins later I converted. ER said afib, nope! my EP at an appt said it was Left Flutter........my first episode in 9 months so my burden is not great but spooks me as: will it progress? is it due to the ablation scars, is it L Flutter? is it complicated?.....my EP says it can be tricky to abate........I take 20 MG of Propananol 2X p/day thats it.......just had physical 188 cholesterol 133/71 Trigly 56 all VG 61 HR........me: I lift weights, walk a lot, yard work etc weigh 160 5'10 age 65, the bad: I drink a beer or 2 ea night.......so I stay perplexed : does L Atrial Flutter progress as afib does? Do I really have it? Anyway Im doing fairly well a B+ is the grade id give me......as always thanks to Jackie & Shannon, they are there when you need to talk/email.......Oh! yes I take tons of supplements still.....my EP is Warren Holshouser Charlotte NC he knows Natale and said hey go see him I have no problem with that
Re: My Personal Update/ablated 2012-doing well but......
July 16, 2018 01:07PM
Its amazing how many people who are in great shape and live well eating exercise ect.get these things and so many others who don't look after themselves in general don't....i am 1 of them also and its so frustrating....i say in the genes...almost totally out of our control....in the cards ect.
I would say yes to your Q. about flutter and in gen. anything heart related....it can only get worse...the pace is debatable but these things never get better with age thats for sure.
I have tried every supplement known to man kind and only a few help and Many make it worse not every sup. is our friend...what works for one does not for an other or even makes it worse......have you added any new supplement to you cash lately POP or done anything diff. recently?
July 16, 2018 01:40PM
Hi Tom - As I mentioned to you previously, my experience is once you start tinkering with flutter... you may as well give in and sooner is better than later. I'd make the call now to make the Natale date. A little bit of flutter isn't all that horrific, but if you have 4 - 5 days of it - repeatedly, it gets old fast and often, the very high rate is debilitating. As I commented to you earlier, my first Natale ablation lasted 11 years. It was true bliss... until the flutter hit. You're much younger than I was when the flutter surfaced and I had very little down-time for the 2nd and 3rd followup procedures...so at your young age, it should be a breeze and you'll be back to blissful NSR once again.

Best to you,
Jackie
July 16, 2018 02:08PM
I will always believe that my fib began after Pneumonia sept 05 and or taking Levaquin for it, but yes I was avid athleticaly - high school football and basketball, 1973 joined a gym, weights, softball team, mens basketball leagues, ran, took up cycling in 1982, coached Little League........just obsessed, no real new supplements I take arjuna, hawthorn, ubiquinol, mag, multi, D, K2, holy basil, Jarrow Family E, protein shakes with carlson fish oil, I eat well and clean but not perfect as I said a little beer, a hit here and there - not a choir boy - Jackie yes I need to go to Austin just dread it! If I knew Id have 2 episodes a year and they'd convert even at 8-10 hrs Id say the hell with it
appreciate the responses
Tom
July 16, 2018 10:08PM
Hi Tom,

Go to Austin!

Cheers,

George
July 17, 2018 10:24AM
Poppino
does L Atrial Flutter progress as afib does? Do I really have it?

You've been diagnosed with it so yes, you really have it. No, it doesn't usually progress like afib does, but it never gets better on its own either and it will do your heart harm in the long term. Flutter doesn't give a damn about the supplements you take, and atypical flutter can be just as difficult to ablate as afib. I should know since three EPs failed to stop mine four times before Natale finally took care of it. Get yourself to Austin.
July 22, 2018 03:09AM
Hi Tom,

No de hearing from you again! You know what I'll say ... what everyone above already said and I emphasize too ... you know just where to go and with no 'dread' at all! just get this thing buttoned down and out of your life for good!

Cheers

Shannon

PS Send me a PM with your number again and Ill help get things expedited if you wish!
July 22, 2018 08:57AM
Hello Tom,

There really isn't much I can add here. Definitely go to Austin to see Natale. Once you get here and meet him, his staff and the staff at St David's your dread will quickly dissapear.

I came here from Pennsylvania and will be back in January for follow up.

Best

Rich
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login