Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post Doctors Names/Kerry

Posted by Pam 
Pam
Post Doctors Names/Kerry
November 07, 2003 02:35AM
Author: Kerry (---.muff.nycm.n54ny05r18.dsl.att.net)
Date: 11-05-03 14:12

How did you wind up getting an ablation without knowing the anwers
to these questions before you had it done?

Didn't your doctor advise you of the risks?????

If not, let everyone on this board know his name so they avoid him.
That doesn't mean he didn't do a great job and it sounds like you are fine
as I believe stenosis would show up symptomatically after three months,
but he / she should have informed you of the small but not insignificant risk of stenosis.

Kerry: I just got kicked off the Afib Support group for doing just that. I recorded a database about my failed pacemaker attempt and failed and disasterous ablation attempt, and did name names and hospitals. Those databases stayed on there 8 months. Then one of the doctors e-mailed the moderators of that group and threatened a law suit. I still don't think it's fair and I believe the other group members deserve to know the bad results just as they need to know who is highly successful. It needs to be a give and take of factual unbiased information.

Best Regards,
Pam
jerry
Re: Post Doctors Names/Kerry
November 07, 2003 04:30AM
you are absolutely right about the need for us to be informed patients taking charge of our medical care instead of being passive-what affib board threw you off for sharing info?
Pam
November 07, 2003 04:36AM
Jerry: It was Yahoo groups Afib support:

[health.groups.yahoo.com]

but don't go on there and mention me or or question their deleting of messages or bring up 1st amendment rights, you will be deleted too.

Pam
Kerry
November 07, 2003 03:49PM
I don't think you will have that problem on this board. Somehow I don't think that Hans and the other moderators are going to be intimidated
by threats involving the sharing of information. It is not illegal to share with people the facts of your medical treatment and they know this.
It's just empty threats and the Yahoo group caved.
Hans Larsen
November 09, 2003 10:19AM
Kerry,

I thought long and hard about this question and here is my earlier reply to Pam:

Pam,

You have posed a difficult question! The Forum certainly is a place where you can share personal experiences, but I would not like it to be used as a platform for a personal vendetta against a doctor who has harmed you. I don't really think this helps very much in achieving our goal of finding a way to cure or at least control LAF.

Nevertheless, if someone extolls the virtue of a particular Dr. "X" on the bulletin board then I think it would be fair comment for you to say that Dr. "X" had botched the operation as far as you are concerned. However, to say that Dr. "X" had lied to you, falsifyed your medical chart or put in the pacemaker the wrong way could be construed as libel, unless you had legal documentary proof that this was indeed the case. So in such a case, I probably would censor the posting in order to protect the bulletin board and myself from a libel suit.

Hans
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login