Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neck, shoulder pain while in afib?

Posted by Billyjeans 
Neck, shoulder pain while in afib?
June 17, 2018 05:15PM
Does anyone else experience this? Usually when I start up with my afib I start getting a really stiff neck and shoulder aches. It typically starts in the afternoon and gets progressively worse in the evening and is accompanied with a bad headache. Its all in the back of the neck and back of the head and shoulders. It can be pretty unbearable at times.
I watched a couple of u tube vids where a chiro explains that a mis aligned neck/back can pinch the vagus nerve and cause afib.
Has anyone looked into this. I know for a fact that my neck is way out of wack and I will be going to a chiro to get it worked on but I don't have alot of faith that its going to help my afib. Heres one of the vids i'm talking about. Whether hes right or wrong, he does make a compelling argument.
[www.youtube.com]

Billy
Re: Neck, shoulder pain while in afib?
June 17, 2018 08:32PM
I have heard other alternative medical providers say the same thing. I have pain in my upper thoracic spine when I spend too much time hunched over the keyboard from poor posture.
There does seem to be come connection between my upper back pain and my atrial fibrillation--when I lie down in my recliner to let my back relax and straighten, the atrial fibrillation will often go away.
I hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2018 08:47PM by Jim Benton.
Re: Neck, shoulder pain while in afib?
June 18, 2018 08:31AM
Billy - yes, any time the vagus is impinged (pinched), there are various downstream consequences and one can be arrhythmia. Chiropractic treatment varies according to the "style" the practitioner follows. I've experienced a variety of styles and the one that I have found to be most effective, long lasting and gentle is...

....." known as Directional Non-Force Technique (DNFT) which is gentle, specific and corrects misalignments of the spine without the twisting or cracking traditionally associated with chiropractic adjustments. This treatment acts on muscles and other soft tissue that work in tandem with your spine and provides a safe treatment and long-lasting relief. "

You may be able to find a practitioner in your area or nearby. It's worth the effort to check it out.
[dnftchiropractic.com]

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login