Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dopamine medication or supplement

Posted by california gal 
Dopamine medication or supplement
June 13, 2018 02:28PM
I used to take a small amount of Wellbutrin which kept my naturally low dopamine neurotransmitter levels healthy and kept my energy /motivation high. Have been off it (due to my A fib diagnosis) for 3 years and could really use some help with something to raise it again. I've tried Velvet Bean and homeopathic dopamine. Perhaps a medicine that just keep what amounts I have 'circulating' at the synapses might help. I've tried researching this online without much success. Does anyone out there combine antidepressants with their A.Fib meds? Or have any general comments? (My cardiologist is wonderful, but has no pychopharmacology referrals to give me). Btw, raising my serotonin along with the dopamine is fine, but mostly need the dopamine since I can augment serotoninn myself with L-tryptophan.
Re: Dopamine medication or supplement
June 14, 2018 08:42AM
Have you tried L-Tyrosine, or a L-Tyrosine/Velvet Bean Combo?

I think the decision to take a Drug (Wellbutrin) that may potentially contribute to AFIB, would depend on your willingness to risk more AFIB episodes.

Maybe get another opinion from another Cardio Dr., also ask your Pharmacist(s). This is a specialized area, you need to find the right person who has knowledge.

Also the FDA has detailed info on the interactions and effects of Drugs like Wellbutrin, This Drug has been around for about 25 years, there should info regarding its propensity to contribute to AFIB.
Re: Dopamine medication or supplement
June 14, 2018 03:36PM
I don’t know how much wellbutrin contributes to a FIB… It may not contribute that much at all… It may contribute some though… As far as supplements go, one that I really like is Sam– E.....It gives you a little bit and I find it very effective… I don’t think it contributes to a fib much if any, it’s not very stimulatory… It also has anti-inflammatory and liver protecting properties… As well as reducing homocysteine... another good supplement for raising dopamine is the ENADA brand only of NADH.... that works really well also, but only that brand as it is the only one that’s enteric coated, I have tried the others and they don’t work as well… kal used to distribute the enada brand, But now I think it is natures answer or something who is distributing it…gives you a little bit and I find it very effective… I don’t think it contributes to a fib much if any, it’s not very stimulatory… It also has anti-inflammatory and liver protecting properties you live as well as reducing homocysteine.....

Another medication that is in my opinion even better for increasing the mood via dopamine is selegiline....Many life extension type people take a small amount of this to help prevent their brain from deteriorating… You can do some research on it … when I took it only took about one . two five milligrams at the most per day , one quarter of a five milligram pill … if it is prescribed off label you can get these pills … for a diagnosis of depression , it is only available in a ten milligram patch to wear some research on it … when I took it only took about one . two five milligrams at the most per day , one quarter of a five milligram pill … if it is prescribed off label you can get these pills … for a diagnosis of depression , it is only available in a ten milligram patch to where … , called Emsam...
Just some thoughts here…
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login