Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post ablation palpitations

Posted by libby 
Post ablation palpitations
June 08, 2018 10:31PM
Hi all,
Monday will be 4 weeks since my ablation. First four days - normal rhythm. After traveling home (long day), next three days with palpitations mid morning. The next two weeks - totally normal. I went back to work last week. Worked three days. One day off. Worked 8 days. Now I'm having more ectopy. It seems like PAC's and PVC's. I know they say it's normal, but I could use some reassurance. Why does it choose to act up when it does? Too much activity? This really doesn't predict outcome later?
Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2018 10:32PM by libby.
Re: Post ablation palpitations
June 09, 2018 12:22AM
Nope, you're still well within the blanking period. Bumps in the road are to be expected and they do not predict outcome. Relax, deal with them as best you can, and expect that they'll slowly diminish in the coming weeks. You're good. :-)
June 09, 2018 06:07AM
Hi Libby,
Easy to say but try not to worry. I had ectopic beats for first 12 months en they diminished. You are good
Tim
June 09, 2018 08:12AM
Thanks for your support!!
I hate taking pills and haven't taken added supplements. What's the basic amount helpful and what can I get using food only?
June 09, 2018 09:08AM
The ectopy immediately in the wake of an ablation is very probably just due to the swelling of the atrial tissue that results from the burns (or freezing in the case of cryo). Imagine if you branded your upper arm with a hot iron. How long do you think that would be all red and swollen? Quite a while!

Relax and ride it out.
June 10, 2018 09:45AM
Thanks everyone,
This weekend has been restful and my heart has quieted.
June 10, 2018 01:34PM
libby
Thanks everyone,
This weekend has been restful and my heart has quieted.

Good news!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login