Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Long post, any help is appreciated. Young Affiber - new diagnosis, had it for many years

Posted by beardman 
Jackie, I hope I didnt give the impression that I am anti med? You are correct that Rx meds are useful in saving lives, mine included. Though I have never been on a standing med for afib over 8 years, I certainly have depended on them as a PIP to work 100% over a dozen times. My post stands however, there is no money in supplements for doctors who have little and wrong training in nutrition, still suggesting Oleo over butter, to list one of several erroneous suggestions. They are still trained 99% to prescribe meds, no matter what our opinions are. Great to hear about CC and others promoting good health thru diet and lifestyle, but that is the exception not the norm.
Not a fan of clairvoyants or Cayce, but Im guessing he came along shortly after the Allopaths, ("Allo": Opposite Healing"), brought their new techniques to modernize healing. At one time some were called Witches for using certain herbal remedies. We all may cringe if we knew the absolute truth of how certain herbs were discovered or proven to work on specific ailments.
hwkmn05
Beard, sorry, that was hurried. Vitamins B and C was minimal in those supplements you mentioned. Not knowing my cortisol levels were off, I was on a daily dose of 4000 mg of Vit C for 2 years and stayed in NSR. For some reason they ceased to keep me in NSR, going out 12 times in 2 months. After an adrenal test and regimen of Cortisol control, NSR since then for 1 year. I dont take Mag or Potassium daily, but Vit C as an anti inflammatory is a staple.

Yes it seems quite the same with me with the cortisol situation....since trying Phosphatidyl Serine 400 mg. a day about 5 days ago to effect my cortisol levels i have had amazing success....no pac's or even the threat of an ARR...of course we all know a few days of success on something means little to nothing but it is noteworthy along with the d-ribose i have been taking for a few weeks.....having said this i have just contacted shannon to get the ball rolling on a Natale ablation set for near years end so that goes to show you how much confidence i have in this new found success that i have had a few times before that never cont. past about 2 weeks...but i will update....i have had huge amounts of periodic stress over the years through high stakes gambling (i call it sports investing) so maybe this could be a break through since all my heart markers have come back excellent....we'll see if not i have da Vinci in Austin waiting in the wings to paint a beautiful picture on my heart.
BTW i have tried taking in huge amounts of vit. c to no avail....so again another example. of good for 1 and not for the other we endlessly see....but good luck with the vit c 05.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 05:05PM by vanlith.
Yes it seems quite the same with me with the cortisol situation....since trying Phosphatidyl Serine 400 mg. a day about 5 days ago to effect my cortisol levels i have had amazing success....no pac's or even the threat of an ARR...of course we all know a few days of success on something means little to nothing but it is noteworthy along with the d-ribose i have been taking for a few weeks.....having said this i have just contacted shannon to get the ball rolling on a Natale ablation set for near years end so that goes to show you how much confidence i have in this new found success that i have had a few times before that never cont. past about 2 weeks...but i will update....i have had huge amounts of periodic stress over the years through high stakes gambling (i call it sports investing) so maybe this could be a break through since all my heart makers have come back excellent....we'll see if not i have da Vinci in Austin waiting in the wings to paint a beautiful picture on my heart.
BTW i have tried taking in huge amounts of vit. c to no avail....so again another example. of good for 1 and not for the other we endlessly see....but good luck with the vit c 05.[/quote]

vanlith, as was my success after nearly signing up for the ticker carving with weekly PVCs and afib for a few months. After 60 days, I announced it felt like I never had Afib before. 2 cortisol controls in the morning and 2 at bedtime seemed to keep things smooth and still are 1 year later. I believe the high dosage of C may have worked to control adrenals for a time, but other factors conflicted, not certain. The ultimate test would be to stop all supplements and see if it returns. Being 100% sober may be helping also.
hwkmn05
Beard, sorry, that was hurried. Vitamins B and C was minimal in those supplements you mentioned. Not knowing my cortisol levels were off, I was on a daily dose of 4000 mg of Vit C for 2 years and stayed in NSR. For some reason they ceased to keep me in NSR, going out 12 times in 2 months. After an adrenal test and regimen of Cortisol control, NSR since then for 1 year. I dont take Mag or Potassium daily, but Vit C as an anti inflammatory is a staple.

Thanks for the info, at this point, what’s one more vitamin to take. . .

Any specifics for the vitamin c like there are with the magnesium?
hwkmn05 - I understood your comment.

I am fully aware of the lack of nutritional education for physicians as long ago, I had the unfortunate experience of been prescribed meds several times rather than be appropriately tested for the symptoms I was exhibiting and had unnecessary surgeries as a result. I suffered significantly. Having survived, I've been a 'health awareness advocate' for a very long time to alert others so they can try to avoid those medical blunders.

Nourishing the body with the essential nutrients is fundamental to health and longevity.

Best to you,
Jackie
hwkmn05
Not a fan of clairvoyants or Cayce, but Im guessing he came along shortly after the Allopaths, ("Allo": Opposite Healing"), brought their new techniques to modernize healing. At one time some were called Witches for using certain herbal remedies. We all may cringe if we knew the absolute truth of how certain herbs were discovered or proven to work on specific ailments.

Got to be careful no matter who you consult. It's results that count.

If Casey were alive today i'd consult him for certain after my disappointing experience with the cardiologist who is well regarded by his medical peers. I'm not a fan of cookie cutter medicine even though it has it's place.
Jackie
hwkmn05 - I understood your comment.

I am fully aware of the lack of nutritional education for physicians as long ago, I had the unfortunate experience of been prescribed meds several times rather than be appropriately tested for the symptoms I was exhibiting and had unnecessary surgeries as a result. I suffered significantly. Having survived, I've been a 'health awareness advocate' for a very long time to alert others so they can try to avoid those medical blunders.

Nourishing the body with the essential nutrients is fundamental to health and longevity.

Best to you,
Jackie

Sorry to hear that. Most share some misfortune with wrong diagnosis or none. Good to hear of your advocacy. Thank you.
Beard , If you dont mind the price, the best of the best is Liposomal liquid. Maybe 3-4 times the cost of capsules. I usually stay away from the box stores or membership outlets for supplements, what I call "dirty" vitamins. Stick with brands such as NOW, Divinci labs, Thorne, Vital, Pure Encapsulation, and maybe a Solaray. Integrated Theraputics are makers of all my cortisol supplements.
So I have been on quite a few supplements since originally posting and though I would put them here for reference.

2 grams L-Argentine 3X daily
1 gram Vitamin C 3X daily
500mg Niavasc (Niacin) 1X daily
20,000 fu Nattokinase 1X daily
3 caps Adrenotone 3X daily
200mg DHA form Algae 3X daily
1 cap Vitamin D Supreme (5,000iu Vit D and 550mcg Vit K) 1X daily
3.75grams L-Carnitine 1X daily

I have discontinued my Taurine completely as when I ran out of it for a few days it appeared to let me kick back into rhythm easier (doesn't make sense to me).

I have made a bunch of other changes that I find to be impactful as well.
I lost about 30 lbs
I changing my diet to a Keto based vegetarian diet
I changed my supplements per the Natropaths recommendations
Concentrating on nasal breathing only (taping my mouth shut at night) thanks @GeorgeN

I have been able to maintain rythum approximately 60-70% of the time (confirmed via my Kardia reports). For me, that is huge compared to when I was first diagnosed. I was previously out of rhythm for 3-4 weeks at a time.

Karate is still the one thing that I can count on to kick me back into rhythm. Running almost always knocks me out of rhythm and from time to time I will still randomly kick out for seemingly no reason.

The one new symptom (possibly unrelated) has only started within the last two weeks. I have developed significant Sciatica pain in my right upper ankle area and numbness in my right foot. The pain is in the 8/10 neighborhood when standing for more than a few minutes, but is almost completely eliminated when sitting (except for a slightly numbness in the tip of my big toe). I have been going to the chiropractor regularly for the last few months to see the effect it would have on any vagal related Afib (no luck with that specifically for me). I spoke to them about the Sciatica and they seem to think it will go away with a few adjustments in the next week. I have never previously had any Sciatica pain and did not have any sort of acute event to trigger it. Does anyone else have any Sciatica related pain and is this somehow related? I have been doing a number of stretches to try to eliminate the pain and continue to workout and run despite the pain/discomfort, but it does not appear to be getting any better.

Thank you in advance for listening to my ramblings.

Joel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login