Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ticosyn and nerve pain

Posted by rocketritch 
Ticosyn and nerve pain
May 21, 2018 03:25PM
I have now been on Ticosyn for over a month now. So far as it's ability to keep me in rhythm, meh.
However, I have been fighting bouts of sciatic nerve pain now for the better part of 2 weeks to the point of it being debilitating. It started with the left side and just as that started to let up the right side started and now the left is rearing it's ugly head again.
I have had issues in the past with sciatica but never this bad or for as long. And never both sides at once.
The only other possibility I can come up with is my lack of activity due to being unable to keep my heart in rhythm on a regular basis . The one time I tried to get any type of exercise recently ended up with my heart in affib, with a rate over 200 bpm.
Re: Ticosyn and nerve pain
May 21, 2018 06:12PM
One small ray of hope for you -- Tikosyn becomes more effective over time. I was told this by others who'd been on it when I first started and I found they were right. It took several months for it to reach full effectiveness.

You really should see a doctor about the sciatica. Bilateral sciatica is rare and can be a sign of more serious problems.
Joe
May 21, 2018 07:18PM
More likely a good Osteopath, Not that it wouldn't be a good idea to have potential causes other than 'back being out' investigated.
Around here, doctors would just give you cortisone injections and tell you to go and see a physio.
August 18, 2018 08:49PM
So I had an MRI today. The pain is from a herniated disc. So on to therapy and try to avoid surgery.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login