Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kardia and Pacemaker

Posted by JustMeToo 
Kardia and Pacemaker
May 07, 2018 04:43PM
The Kardia device for detecting a-fib is not recommended for those of us who have a pacemaker. Has anyone with a pacemaker used the Kardia device successfully? I would like to use one, but not if it will not be accurate with a pacemaker. I would appreciate comments from anyone who has some experience using the Kardia while having a pacemaker. Thanks!
Re: Kardia and Pacemaker
May 07, 2018 09:30PM
I know the moderator, Shannon has both a pacemaker and a Kardia.
May 08, 2018 12:16AM
JustMeToo
The Kardia device for detecting a-fib is not recommended for those of us who have a pacemaker.

I don't know who said that but there's no problem with it as long as you realize that you do have a pacemaker and it's going to produce "pacer spikes" that you shouldn't confuse with actual heartbeats. They're easy to recognize even for a layman.

For example:

If afib is your issue then an pacemaker isn't going to matter much. Afib will still be obvious on a Kardia despite the PM.
May 08, 2018 12:26PM
Justmetoo:

An EKG will dectect AF while you are pacing but many doctors can't read it. I have had two doctors (one in ER and a local doctor) that could not tell if I was in AF because I was pacing (I have a pacer). Why couldn't they read it, it may not be quite so easy, but apparently it can be done.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login