Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advice wanted on Bordeaux Ablation.

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Advice wanted on Bordeaux Ablation.
May 06, 2018 10:46AM
I will hopefully be going to Bordeaux next month. All the big stuff is sorted but some advice from those who've been there would help settle my nerves.

Why nervous? Well, I'm seriously scared of flying and my wife doesn't believe I'll actually go through with it when the time comes! The thought of the TOE (TEE) doesn't help either. That tube looks really big and general anaesthetic is not used here. Also the thought of being conscious for hours during the procedure is not pleasant.

Anyway, it wasn't these I was looking for advice on it was the smaller details like:-

!) How long before the op did you have the TOE done?
2) How did you get to your accommodation from the airport? (I've been looking at the Hotel Campanile which seems to be the closest to the hospital)..
3) Did you stay for the Patient Evaluation the following Monday and what does this entail?
4) My wife would like to know if there is a restaurant in the Hospital and cafes and shops nearby.
5) How did you overcome the problem of booking accommodation for when you weren't in the hospital since there is no way for knowing just how many days you would be in the hospital. It could be 3,4 or 5.

Well I think that's about it!

Thanks

Sam
Re: Advice wanted on Bordeaux Ablation.
May 10, 2018 02:04PM
Sam,
Can you let me know how to contact the Bordeaux Center?
Sam
May 11, 2018 11:46AM
Leah,send an e-mail to stephanie.bentz@chu-bodreaux.fr and she will send you all the details.

Sam
May 17, 2018 07:55AM
Have you got a date yet Sam?
Sam
May 17, 2018 10:56AM
Date is 11th June. Sadly I never did get get an answer to any my posted questions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login