Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Washed out feeling

Posted by traceyf45 
Washed out feeling
May 04, 2018 04:35PM
Hi all

I’m taking Eliquis 5 mg 2x day. And Diltiazem 120mg ER.

Anyone just feel fatigued...no energy, from either of these 2 meds? Hard time taking a full breath.. finding it hard to navigate my day. Been out of work since diagnosis almonds a month ago. I’m hoping to get off the Diltiazem and go back to a beta blocker since I was on one for 17 years.

Afib so far once diagnosed in ER. Paroxysmal .

Ive had every heart test over and over. Passed all.

Thanks winking smiley
Re: Washed out feeling
May 04, 2018 09:54PM
traceyf45
I’m taking Eliquis 5 mg 2x day. And Diltiazem 120mg ER.

Anyone just feel fatigued...no energy, from either of these 2 meds? Hard time taking a full breath.. finding it hard to navigate my day. Been out of work since diagnosis almonds a month ago. I’m hoping to get off the Diltiazem and go back to a beta blocker since I was on one for 17 years.

Eliquis isn't the culprit. It's either the diltiazem or a physical problem you're not aware of yet. Do you have an EP? Schedule an appointment if you do, or find one if you don't.
May 05, 2018 11:23AM
Tracey - Sorry about your symptoms. I can relate. When I began Eliquis, it was the only med I was taking but yours could be the combo. Fatigue was the first symptom I noticed but eventually, others showed up as well. When I was able to go on half-dose, it seemed to help but not completely. Still, it's far better than warfarin.

Jackie
May 05, 2018 11:49AM
Jackie
Still, it's far better than warfarin.

Jackie

Never had any problems with warfarin, and it was far better than Eliquis in getting rid of sludge prior to a cardioversion.
May 05, 2018 12:30PM
jpeters - Sorry - I should have said "for me"... the Eliquis is better.

With warfarin, I had significant problems with keeping the INR stable and a couple times the test results put the lab in panic mode - calling me to sit in a chair, do nothing, rush to an all-night pharmacy to buy the antidote, etc. After a couple of those, I went off the warfarin and monitored the influencing factors for silent inflammation and hyperviscosity and used known natural thinners. Compared to that worry and risk, Eliquis worked better although definitely (for me) still not without side effects.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login