Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4months running Natale update

Posted by tsco 
4months running Natale update
May 02, 2018 10:10PM
So I had my appt with Dr Natale. Can't express the respect for this man. His approach is just sense full. 4 months of dis-rythym and I made my way to his office. In my mind I'm thinking Junctional rythym, heart block etc. ( Shannon actually hit nail on head about getting ahead of myself on diagnosis) my Kardia readings have been crazy and Natale really discarded all those. Kinda what I was thinking. Next part I am not ragging on Natales help, there is a purpose. So the nurse prac reviewed my ekg and we both looked at different aspects.with my almost non existent P waves she said I was in atrial tach at 80 bpm. I'm thinking nah. But I became concerned as she pointed out my ekg shortcomings. She was smart enough to go back and compare to my 2016 ekg during procedure and compare. No change, but she insisted I was in atrial tach. So few minutes later enter the man. He burst her bubble identifying my very slight P waves. It is just what I have whether from previous procedure damage or whatever. I realize and I do not mind that there are always people in the field learning. But always follow up on diagnosis if you're not feeling quite convinced. I can't tell how many times I've been in ER or doc office and a nurse and even doctor has no clue what they are looking at. So Natale thinks yes I'm having lots of weird palpitations but not Junctional and he does not agree with my local EP that I need a pacemaker off the bat. The plan is a stress test. If my heart is at a point that it does not increase with stress there may be some benefit to a pacer but not a given. I think this strategy is spot on. I'm not keen on doing the test but it's smart. As for the bigimeny and trgeminy and all that crap it is what it is. So I guess tha answer to my saga is yet to come!!
Re: 4months running Natale update
May 03, 2018 12:13AM
You'll soon be glad you went down this path. :-)
May 04, 2018 08:28AM
So you're saying you assumed AJR, but Natale saw some semblance of P waves and decided your 80 bpm rhythm was/is NSR?
May 04, 2018 09:27PM
That's pretty much it in a nut shell. I def have a compromised P wave but his opinion is that for me it's normal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login