Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recurring a fib?

Posted by Bertanana 
Recurring a fib?
April 23, 2018 11:41PM
I had a Catheter Ablation in 2012. It was successful. But most recently in the last month I have had 3 “attacks” (that’s what I call them). The last one lasted about 15 min before normal heart rate came back. And my BP is high again. I don’t have a BP cuff but can feel BP rise. I get dizzy and my legs feel wobbly when walking. I have no medical insurance at this time. I’m on no medication at all. Why does a fib come back after six years? I’m 63 years young. I know I need BP meds but no insurance. Ugggg
Re: Recurring a fib?
April 24, 2018 12:42AM
Hi Berta, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that you think your afib is back. Having no health insurance makes things tough. You are aware you can buy insurance at very low cost through the ACA (Obamacare), right? If that's still too much for you to afford, you probably need to be looking into Medicaide, social security, and things like that. You can't just forego medical care. You've got to figure something out here.

If your BP is high, that's not good because high BP is the mortal enemy of afib. BP meds are all generic and cheap. You need to get yourself into a doctor and get your BP back under control. Even if you have to pay for it yourself, it could be possible that getting your BP under control will turn back the tide of the afib that has come back.
Re: Recurring a fib?
April 28, 2018 12:26PM
Bertanana
I had a Catheter Ablation in 2012. It was successful. But most recently in the last month I have had 3 “attacks” (that’s what I call them). The last one lasted about 15 min before normal heart rate came back. And my BP is high again. I don’t have a BP cuff but can feel BP rise. I get dizzy and my legs feel wobbly when walking. I have no medical insurance at this time. I’m on no medication at all. Why does a fib come back after six years? I’m 63 years young. I know I need BP meds but no insurance. Ugggg

Try going to your local dept of health. Sometimes they can help with free medication.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login