Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no response on supplements

Posted by Linda55 
no response on supplements
April 20, 2018 11:42AM
Hi new to forum I had 153 views on topic supplements, not one respones. was curious how come, Really looking for some wisdom on these things, hope someone responds , thanks Linda
Re: no response on supplements
April 20, 2018 01:53PM
Linda,

Please begin by reading The Strategy which was compiled by Jackie Burgess of this forum. A wealth of knowledge to begin with, and then narrow your inquiries from there?
[www.afibbers.org]
April 20, 2018 02:16PM
Hello, Linda - Sorry to have missed your initial post. As Larry suggests, start with The Strategy and consider scanning down through the various reports at that same section of Afib Resources: [www.afibbers.org]

There are the fundamental core nutrients that are known to be found lacking in many afibbers.... magnesium, most predominantly... and also a caution that calcium supplements should be avoided as they interfere with magnesium's function. Also, the proper ratios of dietary intake of sodium to potassium is extremely important as well. In the Conference Room archives, at this link, you can read more there for the background. Go here [www.afibbers.org] and then scroll down to Conference Room Proceedings where you can read the titles of the various topics and investigate further.

Everyone is biochemically unique insofar as what their diet supplies in the way of nutritional support so it's not typically just a list of what supplements to take, but rather... a combination of dietary and lifestyle habits that need to be assessed to look for what might be contributing to an underlying a depletion of a critical nutrient that in your "unique" biochemistry results in palpitations symptoms and outright arrhythmia. Or, for instance, people consuming too much calcium in foods and supplements, with insufficient magnesium intake to offset the excitatory property of calcium, might be more likely to have PACs and arrhythmia than others. That's just one example. There are many other potential deficiencies and imbalances that can set the stage for arrhythmia. Finding them is the challenge.

After you've explored some of the links, please ask more questions.

Best to you,
Jackie
April 20, 2018 02:53PM
Thank you very much this is what I was looking for, would like hearing more shares on supplements, but this was very helpful,thumbs upLinda
April 20, 2018 02:58PM
Thanks again, I was low on magnesium in the hospital, I am a big fan of Dr Carolyn Dean Magnesium Miracle, she also has a Monday nite free question and answere for free alot around AFIB 4pm California time on Achieve raido, thank you for that, I will look into the archives, thanks again so much Linda
April 21, 2018 10:32AM
Linda - if you were low on magnesium in the hospital... serum/blood draw... then you are most definitely low in intracellular levels of magnesium and that's the important level that influences AF.

It's well known that the majority of new afibbers are deficient in magnesium. That should be your prime focus initially for adding supplements. There is an abundance of info here on taking magnesium, the forms and experiences with dosing, etc. Using the advanced search feature, here's the result of a Magnesium search....so you can read through the various comments and experiences. [www.afibbers.org]

Jackie
June 26, 2018 02:24PM
I've gotten some really good results with Dr. Stephen Sinatra's protocol. You might try adding it. I have an 80-page monograph (cost's $20 over the 'Net) was sent for free. If you want a copy, I can send it to you. alxndr01@hotmail.com.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login