Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pyrroloquinoline quinone

Posted by lkwetter 
pyrroloquinoline quinone
April 18, 2018 10:25AM
I happened on this supplement while looking into mitochondrial dysfunction and thought it would be a useful for a-fib. As we age, our mitochondria slowly become damaged. The damage can be accelerated by lifestyle, diet and other stresses. Mitochondria are the energy producers for our bodies and damage to them is associated with many diseases including heart disease and cancer. I feel like this was an important factor in my a-fib.

Mitochondrial dysfunction and susceptibility to a-fib

Improve mitochondrial production

Levels of pyrroloquinoline quinone in foods

The amount in foods overall is not high, so taking supplements is more effective at raising blood levels.

I had an ablation with Dr. Moeen Abedin, in El Paso, TX several years ago and so far am still a-fib free. I have my fingers crossed and am grateful for every day I have free of a-fib.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2018 10:28AM by lkwetter.
Re: pyrroloquinoline quinone
April 18, 2018 02:19PM
Yes, Thanks for posting this. I've been using PQQ for several years along with other mitochondrial support nutrients as being supportive to the CoQ10 which I've taken for a very long time and recently increased that dose as well. I notice the PQQ gives me an energy boost so that's a welcome benefit. If I can physically feel it, I'm thinking it has to be making my mitochondria happy as well. It's now 3 years since my last ablation and my heart is strong and 'blip' free... thanks to Dr. Natale's expertise.

Glad your heart remains calm as well.

Best to you,
Jackie
April 19, 2018 04:11AM
Good pqq article (and up to date and on the face of it quite objective):

[www.superfoodly.com]

Interesting.

Highest food content in Natto- thinking of Dean in Australia here!

The pqq supplements aren't cheap though.... do they need to be taken with ubiquinol for one to gain benefit?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2018 04:17AM by mwcf.
Joe
April 20, 2018 06:27AM
Both can't be right?

[www.lifeextension.com]

PQQ is ubiquitous in the natural world. It has been found in all plant species tested and is present in human milk. Humans, however, are not capable of synthesizing it.23 This has led researchers to classify PQQ as an essential micronutrient.

[www.superfoodly.com]

As you saw in the chart above, our body’s natural production declines as we get older. PQQ production by age is believed to possibly follow a similar trend.

Further down:

Take the 2015 published study, which looked at non-pathogenic (or harmless) probiotics which were genetically modified to produce PQQ (13). The strain was mutaflor and the modified form of it they called ECN-5 in the study (14).

We make CoQ10 and from what i understand not PQQ unless we have that particular bacteria in the gut??? However, we still get PQQ in our diet at much the same levels. Is it an absorption problem?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login