Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How much ginger is too much?

Posted by Ritva 
How much ginger is too much?
April 16, 2018 10:57AM
Hi,
Despite increasing my Mag intake substantially, I still was experiencing occasional evening flutters, PACs and short fast run palpitations. I came across George N's account on stopping PACs with ginger. I had been adding 1/4 tsp. ginger to my morning oatmeal for a long time as it supposedly also works as a blood thinner. (I am not on blood thinners.) So I stated adding 1/3 tsp mornings as well as 1/3 tsp evenings in my yogurt. My question is, how much is too much? George N says in the beginning he was taking 1 Tbsp. That sounds like a lot. And how do you take it? I use powdered form so I have to mix it with something (sometimes unsweetened applesauce).
Thanks,
Ritva
Re: How much ginger is too much?
April 16, 2018 03:48PM
Ritva
Hi,
Despite increasing my Mag intake substantially, I still was experiencing occasional evening flutters, PACs and short fast run palpitations. I came across George N's account on stopping PACs with ginger. I had been adding 1/4 tsp. ginger to my morning oatmeal for a long time as it supposedly also works as a blood thinner. (I am not on blood thinners.) So I stated adding 1/3 tsp mornings as well as 1/3 tsp evenings in my yogurt. My question is, how much is too much? George N says in the beginning he was taking 1 Tbsp. That sounds like a lot. And how do you take it? I use powdered form so I have to mix it with something (sometimes unsweetened applesauce).
Thanks,
Ritva

I didn't have an upper limit. What is the minimum effective dose, I don't know. Being me, more was better. Also, since my episodes almost always occurred during sleep, I'd take it and go to bed, never during the rest of the day. I'd just dissolve it in water, sometimes hot, but usually too lazy to heat the water. I had been known just to pop the powdered spice in my mouth without water.

{edit - just reread my pdf <[www.afibbers.org] from the time I think after this, I just went to before bed.}

I haven't used it since I figured my issue was too much calcium in food, primarily from stress eating cheese, as eliminating the excess calcium made my control excellent with just the mag, so didn't bother to take it any more.

The other night I made a dish where I cut up a lot of fresh ginger. Noticed when I went to bed my HR was somewhat elevated (for me), but didn't bother to get precise about it. The next morning, it was ~72 upon waking up when normal would be ~58. So the ginger appeared to elevate my heart rate over night.

George

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2018 03:52PM by GeorgeN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login