Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taking Supplements to Bordeaux

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Taking Supplements to Bordeaux
April 14, 2018 09:40AM
Has anyone flown to Bordeaux for an ablation? If so do you know whether it is possible to take food supplements like Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin C etc to France or would these be impounded at Customs.

If you flew from the U.K. was there any problem taking these on to the plane?

And what about medicine such as Betablockers for rate control until the operation?

Thanks

Sam
Re: Taking Supplements to Bordeaux
April 14, 2018 11:12AM
Sam
Has anyone flown to Bordeaux for an ablation? If so do you know whether it is possible to take food supplements like Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin C etc to France or would these be impounded at Customs.

If you flew from the U.K. was there any problem taking these on to the plane?

And what about medicine such as Betablockers for rate control until the operation?

I've traveled to Europe (Italy, Germany, Netherlands) with various supplements and prescription medications without problem. As long as they're in their original labeled containers I don't think you'll have any problems. If customs went around confiscating medications, tourists would be dropping like flies.
Re: Taking Supplements to Bordeaux
April 14, 2018 12:06PM
I returned earlier this week from Europe and had no problem with either prescriptions or supplements at Customs other than I take many of my supplement in powder form which I keep in my carry on bag so both US and European TSA checked the powder and passed it. Didn't pay any attention at all to the bottles of pills in the same bag.

On a different but related subject, coming back to the US is a breeze if you pay the $100 for a Global Entry pass that lets you bypass the lines by going to a machine that matches your fingerprints or go through the crew line if that doesn't work.

A newer alternative is the free Mobile Passport Control that also speeds things up, but not as much as the above.. [www.cbp.gov]

Now if they'd only do something about the long wait for checked luggage no matter how fast you get through Immigration.

Gordon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login