Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to forum. Day one postop

Posted by Moonshadow60 
New to forum. Day one postop
April 10, 2018 07:47PM
Just had ablation yesterday. Took 7-8 hrs due to esophageal temps. Crossing my fingers today and a bit achy. Just here for support I guess.
Re: New to forum. Day one postop
April 10, 2018 09:48PM
It's a good sign that they were paying attention to esophageal temps. That protects you from the most dangerous complication.

A few days of feeling sore and beat up is normal. Take it easy for a while and enjoy being in normal rhythm again. :-)
April 10, 2018 09:54PM
Congrats! Everyone wishes you the very best. Soreness at the site is common, just ride it out. Remember if you have some weird things here and there it is normal. It takes a while for the burns to heal..you may experience jumps and skips, don't be discouraged at all. It's part of the healing process. Good luck!
April 11, 2018 12:22AM
Welcome and good thoughts for you to hea quickly .
April 11, 2018 07:42AM
Just take it easy and recall that there is a 3-month "blanking period" post ablation where any funny business with heart rhythm is considered normal and to be expected. In reality, things should calm down after the first month if the ablation was done well.
April 11, 2018 06:35PM
Thx for the comments. Swallowing sore, but up high at throat, not in chest. Occasionally temps around 99 or 99.2 mild chest pain on occasion. I suspect it is inflammation. Legs finally feel good today and able to walk sit stand etc easily. Some ectopics but nothing major. Mostly just worried about esophagus. Will feel less anxious when I get to six weeks. Am consciously avoiding large meals. No one told me to, but seems to me I shouldn't increase pressure in esophagus, so am eating slowly, lukewarm, etc. Am on ppi twice daily.
April 12, 2018 10:12AM
Now 3rd postop day. Definitely turned a corner this morning. Very little chest pain or headache and no longer feel low grade feverish. Sore throat much better. Feeling pretty normal actually. And in nsr. Hopefully this record will reassure others of what it's like for the first few days....thanks again to all who have gone before.
April 12, 2018 02:54PM
The sore throat is almost certainly from the breathing tube that was inserted while you were anesthetized. Good to hear it's gotten better.

The key now is to just take it easy. I totally understand the blissful feeling of NSR. I know a guy who jumped on a treadmill and ran for 30 minutes only 8 days after his ablation - and AF reoccurred. I had some pretty harsh words with him about his foolishness! (Hint - he was me)

Rest and relax!
April 12, 2018 10:42PM
Hi Moonshadow, I too had my first Afib ablation yesterday actually. I have had a flutter ablation. I had a cryoablation and a touch up of the flutter line. I am feeling slow and mild chest pain but soreness everywhere and lightheadedness. I assume everyday will get better just like with you. I had a major bleed out the groin incisions because I suddenly coughed about an hour after waking up. Oops. I’m glad it’s over with. Hang in there!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login