Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone had any sucess with Ribose or Iodine?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Has anyone had any sucess with Ribose or Iodine?
March 04, 2018 09:41AM
I have had lone Afib for 8 years, occurring only at night while asleep. Each attack lasting about 8 hours. The doctors tell me ablation is my only hope as I can not tolerate their harsh perception meds. I have been taking Ribose nightly and it has stopped my biweekly Afib bouts for over two months now. I believe there is a natural cure. I believe I am on the right path to finding it. Anyone have any success with Ribose? Also any one have any success with Iodine? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Re: Has anyone had any sucess with Ribose or Iodine?
March 04, 2018 02:24PM
I've used Dr. Stephen Sinatra's protocol which includes d-ribose. The VA put me on coumadin and metropolol. Metropolol is supposed to balance the heart rate. With me, it made the bouts of afib worse. The more I complained to the VA about what was happening the more stubborn the "health care professional" became. It wasn't until I took myself off metropolol and began using the d-ribose that my heart rate and the bouts of afib became more manageable.
Joe
March 04, 2018 04:02PM
I'd be careful with Iodine. As with everything, it's a matter of balance. Get your levels checked first and then, normal levels might not be normal for you - it's tricky.
March 05, 2018 08:52AM
Malvinos - The d-ribose definitely has use for cardiac support and is part of the nutritional recommendations mentioned in The Strategy report ... at this link. [www.afibbers.org]

There is a lot of support for iodine since so many people are deficient; however, if you don't need extra, then it can cause thyroid complications that can affect your heart. I tested low and once that began to be repleted, I was able to stop thyroid meds.

Jackie
Anonymous User
March 06, 2018 01:39PM
I also tried the Dr Sinatra Afib awesome foursome. It cost me over $100 to buy all his supplements on his website. I went into the worst Afib attack and stopped taking it after 3 just weeks. My new rule is any Afib websites that link to a purchase of their secret ingredients is a red flag pass for me. I noticed he stopped selling it recently.
March 07, 2018 01:11PM
Malinovs - That's an unfortunate and unusual outcome. Did you ramp up the doses slowly and try to optimize the magnesium before adding in the potassium? Lots of variables because of biochemical individuality, but it's best to start with one and acclimate to that first rather than the whole combination.

The Strategy does not specifically recommend purchasing Dr. Sinatra's supplements... only that the nutrient plan of The Strategy keeps a balance of the important electroytes and other nutrients that are known to support cardiac function. Perhaps his brand contains some fillers or extras to which you are sensitive.

Could you share the link to that specific Sinatra supplement?

Typically, we suggest checking the nutrient selections at the Vitamin link at the top of the page. There are several brands well-known for quality ingredients and purity. I've never used the any from the Sinatra website.

And, yes, if you buy four or five different supplements at an average of $20 a bottle, it does add up. CoQ10 is obviously the most pricey but well-worth it for the mitochondrial benefits.

Hope you are okay now.

Jackie
March 09, 2018 06:42AM
I wonder if any Herbs might be worth trying for someone who can't tolerate the AAM and not ready for Ablation Process. Some have advocated Hawthorne Berry for High BP and AFIB. Not sure what other Herbs might work. Ginger Root has helped people on this site who have Vagal-Mediated AFIB. Sounds like you might be Vagal, if you are only having Episodes at night.
March 12, 2018 10:39AM
Just come across this. [www.healthy-eating-politics.com]

In addition, Bruce West, D.C. says the body needs adequate stores of iodine for the heart to beat smoothly. In his practice, he has found that most of the stubborn cases of cardiac arrhythmias and atrial fibrillation that he was unable to correct with his cardiac protocols were resolved when adequate supplies of natural iodine were given. The iodine he uses is in the form of Prolamine, a natural iodine supplement.

Mainstream medicine shuns the use of natural iodine, but the most popular mainstream anti-fibrillation drug is Amiodarone, which is a toxic form of iodine in a sustained-release form.

Dig a little deeper.winking smiley
March 19, 2018 01:50AM
Hi afibbers, just dropping by the BB to get some Vit C and magnesium via the connection with iHerb and saw your post. I have been taking 'home made' Lugols iodine 15% for probably best part of 4 years and have had no negative issues whatsoever and neither has my wife or 19 year old daughter. It took 5 ablations to stop my AF and then I found out about iodine which as you point out is one of the main components of Amidarone the most powerfull/effective anti AF drug on the market. I like to think that the Lugols is helping to keep me in rock solid NSR but have no proof whatsoever that it does yet the connection between iodine and amiodarone stopping AF cannot be just a coincidence. I take one drop of the Lugols per day which apparently is approx. 12mg of iodine/iodide - probably between 30 to 50 times the recommended daily allowance last time I checked.

I agree, dig a little deeper. :-)

Barry G.
Joe
March 19, 2018 05:36AM
I'd still go with post 104. Potentially mucking up your thyroid function is no fun.
March 19, 2018 04:23PM
The thing I like about Dr. Sinatra is that you don't have to buy his supplements. I get mine from the Internet. The d-ribose I get from Amazon by the kilo. It is $39.00 from Dual Health. I take 5 grams 3x a day. Dr. Sinatra also sent me his 80-page PDF that he wrote for free. It's $20 from Amazon on Kindle. It contains a lot of heart health tips that many doctors don't know. If there's a way to send it to whomever wants a copy, I'd do so.
January 03, 2019 06:56AM
Joe:
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but I never got a notice I had any emails. I need your email address to send an attachment to send the PDF.
Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login