Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardiac arrhythmia early morning while lying in bed, Low HR&Higher BP

Posted by CatalinRo 
Cardiac arrhythmia early morning while lying in bed, Low HR&Higher BP
March 04, 2018 09:19AM
Hi!

I had seldom afib episodes years ago but I manage to get rid off. I was years on propafenona but I reduce it to 1/8 from 150 mg pill / day that is like a homeopathic dose.
I take Taurine, Mg, K supplements.

For a while I notice cardiac arrhythmia, early morning while I am lying in bed on my back checking my phone. This is a habit not to jump out of the bed immediately after I wake up.
If I move out of bed flutter in the chest is gone.
I also have low heart rate in the morning and this should be normal.

The issues came that this morning I wanted to see also my BP immediately after I moved out of bed.
I thought will be low but did shoot higher than my BP despite 60 bpm heart rate. It was 141/93.

I did my morning gym, I ate and then I checked BP again. This time was normal 118/75 and heart rate went up to 72 bpm.

Is this strange to have this morning higher BP at such low heart rate? I read somewhere that cardiac arrhythmia increase BP but that was only when I lied in bed. When I moved out of bed heart rhythm was normal.
Re: Cardiac arrhythmia early morning while lying in bed, Low HR&Higher BP
March 10, 2018 04:02AM
I would speak to your Cardiologist. It might be nothing, but it’s always best to get an opinion and maybe some tests if you are unhappy with how you feel. If you think you can’t explain it ask a friend or relative to go with you. All the best.
March 10, 2018 11:24AM
CatalinRo
The issues came that this morning I wanted to see also my BP immediately after I moved out of bed.
I thought will be low but did shoot higher than my BP despite 60 bpm heart rate. It was 141/93.

I did my morning gym, I ate and then I checked BP again. This time was normal 118/75 and heart rate went up to 72 bpm.

Is this strange to have this morning higher BP at such low heart rate? I read somewhere that cardiac arrhythmia increase BP but that was only when I lied in bed. When I moved out of bed heart rhythm was normal.

No, it's not strange, and it's not true that arrhythmias increase BP as a general rule. They can, but it depends on the arrhythmia and the reason for the arrhythmia. There's nothing alarming or unusual about those fluctuations you observed. The only thing I would note is that 141/93 is by definition stage 2 hypertension. You should take your BP more often at different times of day, and if you find readings that high frequently you should talk to your doctor about it. If it's only that high on rare occasions then it's nothing to worry about.
March 11, 2018 01:38AM
Thanks a lot for answers.
Just a correction for @Carey
141/93 it is not stage2 hypertension but borderline stage 1 according with general classification
[s3.amazonaws.com]

If you consider also age then the scale is changing
As you know BP medications at border line hypertension bring more harm then benefits
March 11, 2018 10:57AM
CatalinRo
Thanks a lot for answers.
Just a correction for @Carey
141/93 it is not stage2 hypertension but borderline stage 1 according with general classification

The guidelines have changed. Have a look at paragraph 2.

[www.acc.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2018 10:58AM by Carey.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login