Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Been A While

Posted by rocketritch 
Been A While
March 01, 2018 07:41AM
Hello Everyone,

Its been quite some time since I have been here. So long in fact I had to create a new account.

I have been dealing with affib since the age of 24 so its been 28 years now. Had my first ablation back in 2009 and was basically event free up until the past year. This past year has my events were becoming more and more frequent. Since 2009 I used Flecanide 100mg as a PIP but the past year it was taking 200mg to convert.

In late December when converting to NSR I ended up passing out and ended up in the ER a few days later due to the fact I could not get my heart to convert using the Flecanide and ended up haveing my second ablation done the same day. My firts ablation was RF tyoe and had cryoablation don this time around.

I left the hospital the folloing day in NSR med free and remaiined that way for 14 days. My EP put me back on teh Flecanide 200 mg/day and metoprolols 25mg/day. My EP tried to ahve me taper off the flecanid the past couple weeks but I had issues and started back on teh 200mg/day for now.

It hasnt been quite 2 months yet since my ablation so I am not really concerned as to the success of the proceedure this point as I probably was pushing myself too much too early.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login