Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Straight from EP office

Posted by tsco 
Straight from EP office
February 20, 2018 05:50PM
So for the past 45 days I’ve been experiencing a lot of weird rhythms. I have noticed shortness of breath , lightheaded ectopic etc. wore the 14 day zio monitor. Seems now I’m having occasional slow Rythym. And today HR 71 with pacs. I was surprised when the doc said you are in a slow atrial Rythym???? So he thinks my atrium is beating off my secondary pacer in the node!! He feels from
Scar that was originally there and new scar from all my ablations my node is damaged or diminished. First plan is stop my 50 mg flec at night (already stopped toprol) but I did this during monitor And it didn’t help. He feels the lower rates etc are causing the ectopics and shortness of breath on exertion. It’s all a matter of when I decide I’m ready to feel better I guess. He says when needed a pacemaker will dramatically change my life??? I m not sure what to do. What say you my friends?? It’s weird to think of going too slow my past 20 have been worried about too fast! So my question I guess is can anything strengthen my node give it what it needs etc? Maybe nurse it along
Re: Straight from EP office
February 21, 2018 09:31PM
By “node” do you mean the AV node? Your doctor is suggesting a junctional escape rhythm caused by the AV node? Sick sinus syndrome comes to mind but I am by no means an expert or even a beginner when it comes to that. Perhaps you could clarify what exactly your doctor said.
February 21, 2018 09:40PM
I don't understand what a slow atrial rhythm is, a secondary pacer in the node, or really much of anything in your post. As best I can tell your doctor is suggesting an AV node ablation. That's a big decision (huge, actually) but I can't offer any help since I don't understand what your situation is.
February 22, 2018 07:29AM
Carey
I don't understand what a slow atrial rhythm is, a secondary pacer in the node, or really much of anything in your post. As best I can tell your doctor is suggesting an AV node ablation. That's a big decision (huge, actually) but I can't offer any help since I don't understand what your situation is.

I have a different take, I think the doc is just suggesting a pacemaker (without an AV node ablation). This could likely make you feel better if your issue is low rates. It won't solve any high rate issues you have. Many have pacemakers without huge issues.

George
February 22, 2018 08:03AM
Tim let’s talk later I want to be sure what terns your local EP is using here as it sounds like he is talking about bradycardia in need of a standard dual chamber pacer which is the most common need for a Pacemaker. But don’t be signing up for any AV Node ablation in the meantime, okay!

I’ll be seeing Dr Natale next week at EP Live Conference in Austin and will bounce it off him, but the terms you use are a bit odd and I want to confirm if what the EP said are the same words you use above?

Hang loose until I get back to you from Austin. Lots of my other top EP buddies will be there as well. Was this GT you saw? Let’s chat later.

Be well,
Shannon
February 22, 2018 09:21AM
Thanks Shannon, Look forward to it
February 22, 2018 09:35AM
Wolfpack, Carey.........George has got the jist of it. I guess in our SA node we have "back-up" pacer cells that take over anytime the main "mac-daddy" Cells of the node weaken. He is now suggesting because of my initial scar tissue in atrium, scarring and burning from 6 ablations or whatever other reason my SA node is diminished. So He said I was in some weird slow atrial rhythm that made no sense to me either. Hartrate was 71 in his office but he is seeing something on ekg that evidently indicates to him that I am not hitting from the true main SA node???? All I know is I can feel like pac's, and when my body demands more heart rate I am short on breath/pac increase. He is not talking about ablating the AV node, only an install to keep atrial above 60 and help with demand.
I'm thinking he is also thinking then I can take more meds to help with any fast or ectopic stuff without compromising heart rate. Not sure if this is called sick sinus or not but he said the sinus wasn't where it needed to be.

Tim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login