Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone heard of this cardiologist?

Posted by SueChef 
Has anyone heard of this cardiologist?
February 11, 2018 04:23AM
Hello again!

I requested a referral to a cardiologist and my primary care physician at Kaiser put it through.

I have a consultation appointment in early March with Dr. Hai Thanh Nguyen, a cardiologist.

I did a bit of googling on him and noted he has been practicing for at least 14 years in this specialty area, he went to UCSF, and had a residency at UCLA (my old stomping grounds), and the procedures he does are listed as:
Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
Cardiac Electrophysiology -- but nowhere can I find that he is a genuine real certified EP, so I don't know what the designation Cardiac Electrophysiology means here.
Cardiac Imaging
Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement

Other info I found with Google is that he worked at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, and I wonder if just maybe he knows Dr. Natale from Scripps La Jolla.

Does anyone know Dr. Nguyen, or has anyone heard anything about him?
Thanks!
Sue

Edited because I apparently cannot type very well sometimes! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 04:24AM by SueChef.
Re: Has anyone heard of this cardiologist?
February 11, 2018 11:18AM
SueChef
Cardiac Electrophysiology -- but nowhere can I find that he is a genuine real certified EP, so I don't know what the designation Cardiac Electrophysiology means here.

He is not a fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society according to their search page.

He is certified in internal medicine and cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine but not electrophysiology.

Based on the above, I would conclude he is not a board certified electrophysiologist. Any licensed physician can practice electrophysiology and claim to be an electrophysiologist, but in my personal opinion lack of board certification means they are not in fact an electrophysiologist. The same goes for any other specialty.
February 11, 2018 01:06PM
Hi Sue

May I ask what area you are looking for a doctor in?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 01:08PM by Willow Lee.
February 11, 2018 03:02PM
Thanks, Cary, for the info!

Willow Lee, I'm in the San Diego area, and I'm with Kaiser.

Sue
February 11, 2018 04:47PM
I'm with Kaiser, but in Nor Cal
I have a great Cardiologist & EP
I'm in the Bay Area. My EP was trained at Stanford and my Cardiologist is doing his EP training now.
I heard that there is a very good EP team out of the Riverside Kaiser. Not sure how far you are from the Riverside area. Good Luck!
February 11, 2018 07:28PM
Thanks for the info Willow Lee. I'm about 90 minutes away from the Kaiser in Riverside, and with traffic, it can take 2 plus hours. I plan on asking the cardiologist (the one I'll be seeing in March) who are the EPs in the San Diego area, and will specify that they would be a board certified EP.

Sue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 07:29PM by SueChef.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login