Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rooibos

Posted by Catherine 
Rooibos
January 22, 2018 09:17AM
This is a wonderful website: www.positevlytea.com.

Back in the good ‘ol days I used to drink their organic loose leaf English and green tea. Went in to check their herbal offerings and ordered their two different flavors of loose leaf Rooibos. I follow the STRATEGY protocol, which has been very effective controlling my symptoms, which mentions Rooibos and its benefits.

Just ordered the two flavors (4 oz.) each and will report back.
Re: Rooibos
January 22, 2018 12:47PM
Catherine - Please clarify where you saw the recommendation for Rooibos tea in The Strategy.
Could you possibly have confused the recommendation of using D-Ribose which is a five-carbon sugar nutrient form?

I was surprised and alarmed just when I read your post now because I'm always warning against consuming foods and products that contain fluoride... which Rooibos does.

Jackie
January 22, 2018 07:47PM
You are absolutely right. My mistake.
January 24, 2018 08:35AM
Still, should be considered to reduce inflammation.

Anti-inflammatory. Roobios tea is rich in polyphenols including aspalathin and nothofagin, which are two polyphenol antioxidants. These antioxidants help protect the body by fighting free radicals or unstable cells that attack healthy cells to stabilize themselves. The polyphenols in rooibos tea have anti-inflammatory properties, which assists in preventing heart related illnesses. Finally, the antiviral properties of polyphenols provide an added boost to the immune system, which helps protect the body from common colds, viruses and the flu.

[welldietbase11.info]

Maybe it should be added to the Strategy protocol.
January 25, 2018 09:29AM
Catherine… There are numerous, highly effective and safe anti-inflammatories as well as antioxidants that I would prefer to add to The Strategy recommendations rather than any tea that contains a naturally-high fluoride content.

In addition to Rooibos, green and black teas also contain fluoride along with several other more obscure types. Fluoride is cumulative in the body so avoiding intentional exposure is important, given there are many other exposure sources in addition to tea.

The major antioxidants include Glutathione, Vitamins C and E, R-Lipoic Acid and carotenoids, Axtaxanthin, Grape seed extract, Quercetin, and more...plus… major anti-inflammatories such as Curcumin, Resveratrol, Omega 3 fish oil, serrapeptase and of course there are that could be included in a Strategy addition as they all have properties that serve us well. Here’s a report on Healthy Aging and Glutathione [www.afibbers.org]

A short explanation to a very long and detailed discussion on the detrimental effects of fluoride is that while these teas are excellent sources of antioxidants, when they grow, they naturally tend accumulate fluoride from the soil. Since fluoride is an endocrine disruptor, it interferes with thyroid function by blocking iodine which is obviously a huge concern for the overall population and not just those with Afib -- especially since it’s not only the thyroid gland that attracts fluoride accumulation. We all should be concerned about protecting the brain.

Skeletal fluorosis is another example of damage from low-level fluoride exposure with initial symptoms including arthritic pain, range of motion limitations and hip fractures. Fluoride interferes with the ability of white blood cells to destroy pathogenic agents… and overexposure to fluoride can induce cytotoxicity relevant to gene expression. And extremely important: fluoride’s IQ lowering properties and its ability to calcify the pineal gland which can lead to Alzheimer’s, Bipolar disease, Circadian dysregulation, Low melatonin, Insomnia, Low back pain, Parkinson’s, Schizophrenia and stroke… typically from fluoride-based drugs, but also from long-term fluoride accumulations given that so much exposure comes from municipal water supply.

If you’re interested, you can read Part 2 on Brain Health from the Flecainide Alert post about the fluoride content.
here.. [www.afibbers.org]

Part 1 is the Flecainide alert plus other Rx drugs
[www.afibbers.org]

The Fluoride Action Network provides the facts on the detrimental, cumulative effects from water fluoridation.
[fluoridealert.org].

Jackie
January 25, 2018 03:42PM
Thank you, Jackie, for your informative post and the accompanying links.

Re Riboose: Yes, it contains flouride, similar to black, green and white teas eventhough it is decaffinated. However, I would have to consume abnormally huge amounts to experience the deleterious effects of flouride and the more I read about the wonderful benefits of Riboose, the more confident I am that my two cups each morning will not be harmful.
January 25, 2018 07:28PM
Catherine - OK - You’re doing so well managing your Afib, just be mindful of the thyroid interference concerns.

And, also be aware that fluoride accumulates in the body just like lead...…only fluoride is more toxic than lead. even in minute doses. If you also drink fluoridated water, that's also cause for concern.

Best to you,
Jackie
Joe
January 25, 2018 08:42PM
Doesn't it depend on what form of fluoride and perhaps what other minerals present?
January 25, 2018 09:46PM
Joe:

Yes, Fluoride is one of the earths most common compounds, fluoride exist naturally in our drinking water. There is artificial fluorides which are not good.

Liz
Joe
January 26, 2018 02:18AM
Is there something as artificial fluoride, Mg, Ca etc.? As far as i get it there are only different forms and combinations.
January 26, 2018 09:01AM
Joe - Natural fluoride does exist in the soil and it's found to be more concentrated in some locations than others. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it doesn't do harm. In high levels, the crippling skeletal effects have been observed and written about... such as areas of China.

The fluoride compounds added to municipal drinking water are waste byproducts from various manufacturing processes such as aluminum and phosphate fertilizer industries and are also damaging.

There is no lack of science about the detrimental effects of fluoride accumulation... natural or man-made - and anyone who thinks that fluoride accumulation in the body is good or safe is mis-informed.

That's what the whole crusade is about...and with the focus these days on avoiding anything that helps promote brain disorders, it's become an important awareness factor. That's just one aspect of the health concerns. Refer to the Fluoride Action Network link in the previous post for more information. The problem is, it's big business for those who have the problem of disposal of industrial residues and water fluoridation solves that.

Jackie
January 26, 2018 07:06PM
Jackie, I live in a very rural area and our water source is artesian well. I’m more concerned about the acid rain brought in by the winds from the midwest landing on our hay fields. I am also concerned about the radon in our state which, I think, contributes to the high incidence of various cancers.
February 24, 2018 06:35AM
so the only healthy option is drinking water, then...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login