Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saw my Doctor yesterday

Posted by Elizabeth 
Saw my Doctor yesterday
January 18, 2018 03:53PM
I saw my EP Wednesday, talked to him for quite a while. Apparently the data that I send in to the pacer clinic can't be distinguished between AF and flutter, they just say it is AF. During an episode I go in and out of it, I know when I sit my heartrate is normal but when I walk around it does jump around then. I think they just put it down to AF, period.

My doctor wants me to go on Aminodorone, he said it would be the lowest dose, he said he has a lot of his patients on it and they are doing well without any problems. I won't do it, I have read too much about it. He wants me on a blood thinner and said he will check with the Kellogg Eye Center (that is where I go for my eye checkup) to talk about the problem I had when taking Coumadin, my bloodshot eyes to see if it still would be a problem in taking the blood thinner.

I asked about an ablation and he said, well you would still have to take a blood thinner before and after and who knows some continue on it unless one would get a watchman done. That is still rather a new procedure I believe.

I am going to increase my magnesium, I also eat too late at night so I am going to work on that, there are a few things I am going to do, I have gone without AF for 2 to 3 months in the past, I think I can do that again.

Liz
Re: Saw my Doctor yesterday
January 18, 2018 06:40PM
If course you can. Stay away from anything white: sugar and flour.

My husband went downhill on Amioderone. We went to Mass. General, Boston, for a second opinion. The very first thing they advised him to do is get off of Amioderone.
January 18, 2018 10:18PM
Amiodarone should be a drug of last resort.
January 18, 2018 10:43PM
Thank you Carey, I will never take it, I am surprised at the doctor.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login