Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

the drugs we take and stomach digestive issues

Posted by SteveDaley 
the drugs we take and stomach digestive issues
January 17, 2018 10:19PM
i take toprol 25er and take flecainide 50 mg morning and evening. I have noticed that i am constipated a lot and also my stomach area top
to bottom feel bloated at times and i just dont feel that good in the digestive tract. Does anyone else experience those problems or what are
you thoughts on the drugs and digestive issues. I also take levothyroxine for thyroid
Re: the drugs we take and stomach digestive issues
January 18, 2018 09:32AM
Steve, do some snooping to see if your meds deplete stomach acid, which creates digestive issues. Traditional Gastros immediately prescribe PPI’s. Poison. These pills deplete what little acid you already have, which over time you become malnourished and susceptible to disease.

Start out by not eating anything at least three (3) hours before retiring. Do not go to bed having just eaten.

A good book to read.

Why Stomach Acid Is Good For You
Dr. Jonathan Wright

Read what people say on Amazon.

Good luck.
January 18, 2018 10:55AM
Hi Steve…. Sorry you are continue to have problems.

Did you recently start taking the heart meds again? What’s up with that?

Also… thyroid problems can cause constipation if you aren’t well balanced.

Do you take supplemental magnesium daily? All afibbers - former and active - should continue with magnesium supplementation because it’s difficult to get enough from diet as so many things rapidly deplete magnesium..
Magnesium will help with the constipation.

Jackie
January 18, 2018 06:36PM
yes jackie i have been taking the heart drugs for sometime and haven't had a breakthrough in over 2 years however below the sternum
and upper stomach area feel weak hollow tough to really tell you what it is like. I feel tired a lot also. But constipation has been a big
things with these drugs. i take about 400mg of magnesium supplementally maybe i should ad some more.. In the evening is when i really
feel tired run down. Thanks for replying and how you are well also Steve
January 19, 2018 09:20AM
Are you taking the Toprol XR with food? I. take the same dose which is a small dose being it’s extended release and one time a day. Unless the prescription says specifically to not take with food, this can cause issues.
Also, increase your magnesium 200 mg a day until you reach bowel tolerance unless you have kidney issues. I take 1000 - 1200 mg of magnesium a day. 600 mg of Doctors Best Chelated Magnesium and 600 mg of Magnesium Citrate brand name Nice but I will take Natural Calm if I am having constipation issues. Natural Calm is Magnesium Citrate and you can get it in Organic.
Stress and Anxiety will also cause constipation.
Is there a medical reason why you do not have a Ablation? I have had 2 and NSR is beautiful.
Good luck
January 19, 2018 08:12PM
Thanks for you reply Smackman and i did have an ablation and it was pretty successful it is a control not a cure but i take drugs for it
but have not had a break through in over 2.5 years Had ablation at university of pa in 2008 under Dr. David Lin. I will up my magnesium and see
what that does.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login