Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stroke guidelines--being a woman

Posted by Elizabeth 
stroke guidelines--being a woman
January 13, 2018 05:02PM
If this is true, that is good news.

Editor’s Comments: Being Female Not a Risk Factor for Stroke: Recent research and current guidelines no longer rate women at higher stroke risk simply for being a woman. See Camm Stroke Risk Guidelines Changes and Being Female Not a Risk Factor for Stroke.

afib.com

The moderator of this site is Steve s. Ryan PHD

He speaks of EECP therapy can improve cardiac function and might be good for paroxysmal affibers, has anyone heard about this therapy?

Liz
Re: stroke guidelines--being a woman
January 13, 2018 09:27PM
<[www.eecp.com]

EECP® Therapy is primarily used as a non-pharmacologic outpatient treatment for patients with chronic stable angina (chest pain, atypical pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, and cough). Numerous published studies have shown that patients with severe, diffuse coronary atherosclerosis and persistent angina, or significant silent ischemia burden, such as elderly patients and those with diabetes, challenging coronary anatomies, or debilitating heart failure, renal failure, or pulmonary disease, have also derived benefit from EECP® Therapy. EECP® Therapy has also been shown to be effective in relieving angina symptoms in patients with Cardiac Syndrome X. Benefits of EECP® have also been determined in the management of angina in the elderly, angina patients with left main disease, and in patients with mild refractory angina (CCS Class II). EECP® Therapy is equally effective in reducing angina symptoms in patients with or without diabetes, and in patients with all ranges of body mass index.

EECP® Therapy has also been shown to improve exercise capacity in heart failure patients with NYHA Class II/III and in exercise peak oxygen consumption in older patients with heart failure. EECP® Therapy has also been demonstrated to be equally effective in providing symptomatic benefits in angina patients with either systolic or diastolic heart failure. For patients with left ventricular dysfunction, EECP® Therapy has been shown to sustain the initial benefits for up to 3 years.
January 13, 2018 09:36PM
George:

Thanks, I don't have those symptoms, I can work hard, shoveling snow yesterday, don't have shortness of breath.

Liz
January 13, 2018 09:58PM
My brother-in-law (brother to my older sister) has used EECP with some success in reducing SOB and angina.

Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login