Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting to see an Electropysiologist in the UK

Posted by NickC 
Getting to see an Electropysiologist in the UK
January 08, 2018 11:54AM
An suggestions how to get to see an Electropysiologist in the UK if ones GP refuses to entertain the possibility of being able to cure A/F?
Re: Getting to see an Electropysiologist in the UK
January 09, 2018 02:53PM
You probably only have two choices either wait until it’s a little two late or pay to see one privert.
I say this because under the nhs a ep normally only sees you just before a ablation and then during although a lot you will only see a cardiac nurse before and after.
If you think you have come to the point that you need a ablation then find out what hospital you would end up having it done in then research the lead ep there and make a privert appointment with them and then ask for them to take you on under the nhs they will write to your doctor to get them to refer you to them and cut out months of waiting.
It would cost around £220 for the appointment. This is a great way to save time and get things done sooner.
If you are not at the stage of needing a ablation then stick with the system and save the money.
In England you do have a right to choose what lead ep you want and at what hospital but going away from your own can lead to it being more different with follow up appointments I know I have been down this path and now ok.
January 11, 2018 06:06PM
Nick C, If it helps, see my reply to Re Question for UK members.

Good luck

Kaytee
January 14, 2018 10:54AM
Problem is his GP refuses to do anything other than issue blood thinning medication. Won't entertain an Abelation, won't do a referral to either a Cardiologist or an Electrophysiologist.

I wonder if it might be possible to speak to one of these Electrophysiologists to ask their advice.
January 14, 2018 12:00PM
I would see a different GP at the practice, or even change to another practice. And with the new GP I would exaggerate my symptoms, say it is ruining my life, even weep a little perhaps!

Gill
February 12, 2018 09:46AM
Have emailed Richard Schilling but no reply yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login