Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can a persistent afibber use low dose adderall

Posted by Lynn 
Can a persistent afibber use low dose adderall
January 08, 2018 11:18AM
I have a teen recently diagnosed with ADD. After various natural therapies my child is using a low dose of adderall. It has been clear to both myself and my entire family that I have been ADD for years. I would be very open to trying a low dose, but was wondering if anyone here has managed to use an ADD med inspire of their afib.
Re: Can a persistent afibber use low dose adderall
January 10, 2018 05:18PM
Lynn - A quick search on the properties of adderall yielded the following:

* Adderall is a combination of two stimulant drugs, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.

*Adderall Warnings
Adderall can increase your risk for heart problems, high blood pressure, and stroke.
If the person taking Adderall has a history of a heart defect or other heart problems, there is a risk for sudden death.

Check at this link for the drug interactions including that prescribed for atrial fibrillation and the side effects that can occur from taking adderall...which include racing heart. This is just one website, but it doesn't appear that it would be a favorable choice for an afibber. [www.everydayhealth.com]

More links here: [www.everydayhealth.com]

Optimizing your intracellular magnesium levels via supplements can help with both the arrhythmia and help produce a sense of calming and less prone to anxiety.

Jackie
Re: Can a persistent afibber use low dose adderall
January 21, 2018 07:04AM
Thanks Jackie. After doing more reading I am not sure I even want my child who is actually a young adult taking this. Apparently at one point Canada almost pulled it off the market due to cardiac deaths. This was reversed after much lobbying from the drug companies. Plus many feel that adverse drug events are grossly underreport death.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login