Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cold is a Trigger for me

Posted by Nancy2 
Cold is a Trigger for me
January 06, 2018 09:20AM
I've noticed that extreme cold seems to be a trigger for afib episodes for me. Not all the time, but when I'm getting my heart rate up and sucking in that cold air into my lungs.

Nancy
Re: Cold is a Trigger for me
January 06, 2018 09:30AM
Very plausible. This mini ice age that North America is in right now will certainly trigger an adrenaline response as your core temperature gets clobbered by a deep breath of 0 degree (F) air!

Stay warm!
January 07, 2018 12:10PM
May not be applicable but I do cold baths: 20-30 minute soaks in 50 deg F water. I usually do them daily after a sauna session. The baths will slow my heart rate significantly - a vagal response. Noticed today, the third day of a fast, that I could feel some PAC's upon entering the water. The fasting is pertinent as my core temp usually drops as I get 3 or more days into fasts (my habit is to fast 5 consecutive days of every 14). So today I decided to pay attention to the PAC signals I was getting and abort the fast early and go for a walk in shorts, sandals & a t-shirt in the 25 deg Colorado morning, this did not provoke PAC's. As air is much less conductive of heat than water, 25 deg air doesn't have the same impact as 50 deg water.

In any case, the cold air might be provoking a vagal response for you.

George
January 12, 2018 09:30PM
I always wear a scarf and breath thru it when I'm outside in winter. The cold is a def trigger for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login