Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zicam

Posted by tsco 
Zicam
January 04, 2018 08:36PM
Thought I was getting a cold this week, began Zicam mist had a couple weird palps, runs afib etc a couple nights thought I was loosing it, now wonder if it’s zicam?? My Kardia says possibly afib, now I’m traveling to Florida and in full palps double beats etc bigimeny?? I have toprol and flecainidenwith me. Not sure what to do anyone heard of Zicam causing this crap??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2018 09:11PM by tsco.
Re: Zicam
January 04, 2018 09:38PM
I have used Zicam a few times and never had any problems, I used it because I have allergies, it is a nasal spray. Is that what you used?

Liz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2018 09:42PM by Elizabeth.
January 04, 2018 09:44PM
I used the mist you make four sprays in the mouth at each use
January 04, 2018 10:00PM
Tsco:

No, I never sprayed it in my mouth, I just did one spray in each nostril (must not be the same stuff). Maybe 4 sprays in your mouth is too much, I don't think I would do that, they have Vit. C sprays I would use that instead.

Liz
January 05, 2018 08:37AM
Hey Liz the nasal spray was actually taken off the market because folks were having different issues.
January 05, 2018 02:22PM
Tsco:

Where did you see that, I googled Zicam nasal spray and did not see that it was taken off the market. There are side affects from these sprays and cold meds that can affect some people. I never used the spray very often, just once in a great while.

Liz
January 05, 2018 03:43PM
I know antihistamines cause me to have heart palpitations. For instance flowmax nasal spray.
January 05, 2018 03:58PM
Antihistamines trigger afib for me.
January 05, 2018 04:51PM
Sorry Liz a friend said she saw it on a drug integration site but I don’t see it either
January 05, 2018 05:47PM
Decongestant cough medicine take all of 33 seconds to put me into AFIB,
MSG takes longer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login