Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation 8 years ago, Flutter happening now?

Posted by Callydex 
Ablation 8 years ago, Flutter happening now?
January 04, 2018 09:42AM
Hi all:
I was active here 10-8 years ago, when my paroxysmal AFib started, developed, and then was ablated by Dr Callans at Penn. I have been very healthy since - no sign of afib. Recently however I have developed PACs and runs of tachycardia that I am thinking may be flutter: fast, almost-regular, and always in conjunction with intestinal activity. Is this something others have experienced? I am wondering if people have opinions about how to proceed: could this be a long-term consequence of the ablation? I know Callans is no longer really treating afib - any recommendations for good people to see in the NYC area? any reactions/advice appreciated.
Re: Ablation 8 years ago, Flutter happening now?
January 04, 2018 10:42AM
The first thing you need to do is find out what that tachycardia is. Could be a couple things, including flutter, which isn't unheard of reappearing years later. You could ask your PCP for an event monitor, find another EP and get it from them, or you could buy an AliveCor and do it yourself. Once you know what it is you'll know what your options are. If it's afib, flutter, SVT or atrial tach, you might want to consider a repeat ablation. It could be a very simple one if it's something like typical right-sided flutter. Or of course there's always medical management with drugs. In any case, there's no way to proceed until you know what you're dealing with.

In the NYC area I would probably go see Luigi DiBiase at Montefiore.
January 04, 2018 10:43AM
Thanks -
What is an AliveCor? And is it the same as a Kardia?
Pam
January 04, 2018 02:35PM
Callydex
What is an AliveCor? And is it the same as a Kardia?

Yes, same thing. AliveCor was the original name then they rebranded it to Kardia. The web site is still [www.alivecor.com]
January 08, 2018 06:25PM
Callydex i also had an ablation at Penn in 2008 from Dr. David Lin he is very good one of the top three there. He does at least 25% of all the ablations there.
I would highly recommend him to you. I have sent 9 of my friends there with afib including my brother. He is a very caring doctor and excellent. Best of luck to you
Steve Daley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login