Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vagal nerve stimulation?

Posted by carlsr 
Vagal nerve stimulation?
December 23, 2017 03:21PM
Has anyone had any experience using a TENS unit forTranscutaneous Vagus Nerve Stimulation (tVNS), to the tragus of the ear for an AFib episode or treatment.
Re: Vagal nerve stimulation?
January 02, 2018 09:27AM
I remember when this study was initiated a few years ago. It looks like this has shown some success. A quick google search didn’t turn up anyone providing this treatment. I do see a related article in the international Journal of Cardiology [www.internationaljournalofcardiology.com].
January 06, 2018 07:28PM
This just brought up and idea I've had in the back of my head. I get a very high heart rhythm often at the beginning of my dog walks. Always thought it was part of Afib, recent events make me think it is SVT. Regardless, the question in my my mind is this.....I usually wear earbuds and listen to a podcast or music on my walks and I wonder if the earbuds could be bringing on this rhythm as it is such a mystery to me why this shows up on walks. I mean, I walk around all day, why is a dog walk different? Bicycling is something I love also, and this almost never brings up a fast rhythm. Could the earbuds be the issue? Maybe this should have been a new topic, but it is such a odd thought, I've not brought it up before for fear of seeming like a nut.
January 07, 2018 10:17AM
Steve - For those who are sensitive to EMFs... yes, there are many symptoms. Do you also carry a cell phone on these walks? Electropollution affects many people in many different ways. There are previous posts on this topic at this link that gives some other website links to do more research.

Part 1 Electropollution – Cardiovascular Risk
[www.afibbers.net]

Part 2 Electropollution (Toxic Frequencies) - Health Risks Identified [www.afibbers.net]

Electropollution – Toxic Frequencies - continued
[www.afibbers.net]

Jackie
January 07, 2018 10:26AM
Thank you Jackie, these links aren't getting me there. They just go to a home page. I can try to search this out though when I get time.
January 07, 2018 06:06PM
Steve...sorry. I should have tested them first. I'll look them up and make sure they are functional links.
Stay tuned.

Jackie

Try these... If they don't connect...then do the Advanced Search in the Afibbers Forum for "Electropollution"...
that should bring up three posts. For some reason, sometimes when I tried these, they defaulted back to the Afibbers menu... but hopefully, they are correct and functional. If not, send me a PM and I'll send you the text that way.

Part 1 Electropollution - Cardiovascular Risk?
[www.afibbers.org]

Part 2 Electropollution (Toxic Frequencies) - Health Risks Identified
[www.afibbers.org]

Last [www.afibbers.org]

Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 06:19PM by Jackie.
January 09, 2018 07:08PM
Thanks for those links, Jackie, they worked! Kind of a complicated issue for sure, and not one I'm eager to embrace as I like my gadgets. Though I'm sure it has merit. Frustrating, it feels like you could spend all your time remodeling your life to avoid the Afib!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login