Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inflammation Test Results

Posted by redhead19047 
Inflammation Test Results
December 12, 2017 12:22PM
Well, I got my doc to order the inflammation tests and all were good except the Homocysteine was a little high. 11.9 and should be <10.4.

Ferritin is 68. Reference range is 20 - 288 ng/Ml. Isn't ferritin also related to B12 in some respect? I was wondering if my ferritin level should be higher within the range? What does anyone think.

Also, I have 2 tiny blood bubbles under my tongue. Are they related to any of this? Initially I thought it might be related to Eliquis but I'm not taking that anymore, Otherwise I'm doing great since my cardioversion and am taking Propafenone and Metoprolol and Nattokinase.

Thanks.

Elaine
Re: Inflammation Test Results
December 12, 2017 02:03PM
Elaine - What was your HS - CRP test number (High Sensitivity, C-reactive Protein) marker of inflammation?

Jackie
December 12, 2017 03:16PM
Hi Jackie,

My CRP is 1.8, ref range <8.0 mg/L.

Elaine
December 12, 2017 03:52PM
redhead19047
Well, I got my doc to order the inflammation tests and all were good except the Homocysteine was a little high. 11.9 and should be <10.4.

Most docs I associate with would like this <7. It can be related to B12 and also the ability to methylate. A genetic MTHFR test can tell this.

redhead19047
Ferritin is 68. Reference range is 20 - 288 ng/Ml. Isn't ferritin also related to B12 in some respect? I was wondering if my ferritin level should be higher within the range? What does anyone think.

Quoting my doc, Steven Gundry, ferritin should be as low as possible as long as you aren't anemic. Many docs want this in the 35-75 range. It is iron storage. You are in good shape

As to CRP, you want high sensitivity CRP (HS CRP) test, not just plain CRP and you'd like <1.0

George
December 12, 2017 05:56PM
Thanks George. My CRP test just says C-Reactive Protein Quantitative. Not sure if that's the right one. You'd would think the EP would know which one to order.

So for the Homocysteine and B12 does that mean I could be deficient in B12? Not sure I can get the MTHFR test. Is that a usual test that my GP can order? I'm working to lessen inflammation and I think it's getting better.

Elaine
December 12, 2017 11:02PM
I'm not extremely well versed in MTHFR, but a friend wrote this and she really dug into it <[www.apoe4.info]

If you get a 23andMe test, you can run that through Promethease or another service to check your MTHFR genetic status. I know that for those with this issue, they do better with methylated forms of B12 and folate. My doc, Steven Gundry, had me increase my B12 intake to 10,000 mcg/day of a methylated form for homocysteine lowering purposes. My serum B12 level is now off the charts, I don't recall but >2000. This level of B12 did lower my B12 to around 7 (and i'd tried many other things over a number of years).
December 16, 2017 07:44PM
I got the MTHFR test from a naturopathic doctor. I had two heterozygous variations, C677T and A1298C. My homocysteine was high and B12 low also. Taking a B-complex with methylated folate brought things back into balance. I think it can affect other B vitamins too. I believe I was low in B1, 2 and 6 also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login