Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardiokinase

Posted by Louise 
Cardiokinase
December 12, 2017 10:25AM
On the Cardiokinase bottle it says to take 1or 2 pills a day with food and another at bedtime. I do not eat late — is it effective to take the last one without food? Thank you for responses. Louise
Re: Cardiokinase
December 13, 2017 02:05PM
Louise -

New Nattokinase Information & Facts - Pure Prescriptions
[www.pureprescriptions.com]

Cardiokinase™ is standardized to greater than 300 Nattokinase (NK) International Units (IUs) per gram. Usage should be 2,000-4,000 fibrin units per day. This should be divided into three doses because the half life is 6-8 hours. It is best taken immediately following a meal. It should not be combined with other enzymes.

When I was using it, I took 3 a day and made sure I always took one before about an hour prior bedtime... which was obviously isolated from my last meal. That regimen served me very well to avoid adverse clotting through the breakthrough afib and aflutter than began in 2013 continuing to 2014... corrected in August 2014. Many of my events were well over 24 hours.

However, in addition to the Cardiokinase, I also had other supplements to help reduce inflammation, lots of Omega 3 fish oil and other enzymes such as serrapeptase.... to help keep me clot free. That worked well until I had to start on the formal anticoagulant, Eliquis, prior to and continuing on after the ablations.

Jackie
December 13, 2017 02:58PM
Thank you, Jackie. I take 6000 mg fish oil daily. I will look into Serrapeptase.
Louise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2017 03:02PM by Louise.
December 13, 2017 09:35PM
Hello again, Jackie. May I ask if you have any certain brand of serrapeptase you recommend? There are so many brands and dosages! Thank you so much. Louise
December 14, 2017 10:56AM
Louise - I currently use a combination enzyme product made by ProThera that includes serrapeptase... mainly because I also wanted to include bromelain and papain and it was convenient in one tablet. Because of the combination, it may be more expensive than the typical serrapeptase products.

I have also used Serrapeptase by Solaray... 10 mg. Now, since I'm on Eliquis and to be cautious, I space out my intake but still continue to use for all the many benefits. Prior to Eliquis... I took both NK and SP daily.

This report by Life Extension goes into use and dosing details.
[www.lifeextension.com]

Jackie
December 14, 2017 05:49PM
Jackie, thank you so much for your reply and the very informative reports. Louise
December 28, 2017 01:52AM
I still take two capsules of Cardiokinase a day and in spite of zero arrhythmia for many years now, The last one at bedtime .... and I took 3 a day when still having periodic AFIB/Flutter but still with a CHADS VASC of Zero. and thus still no blood thinner at the time..

Cheers!
Shannon
January 17, 2018 10:06AM
I have added Serrapeptase for the past month. I take it as soon as I wake up and don’t eat for at least a half hour. I have felt increasingly bloated and gassy since starting it. I did not see this ad a side effect and it was not mentioned in the Life Extension article. I take 10m. Has anyone else noticed this. I’ve never had any stomach issues. Thank you,
Louise
Re: Hans New Book
May 31, 2018 07:16PM
In Hans' book (page 44) he states "The beneficial effects of nattokinase persist for 18 hours or more and positive effects have been observed with as little as 50 mg."

Since Cardiokinase is (I think) the "better" form of Nattokinase and each softgel is 100 mg (Pure Prescriptions), I'm wondering if it is necessary to take 3 each day.

(I called Pure Prescriptions about with/without food and they told me it doesn't matter.)

Louise

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2018 06:08PM by Louise.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login