Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2.5 years since Bordeaux

Posted by montos 
2.5 years since Bordeaux
December 02, 2017 02:22AM
Hi everyone,

I haven’t been to the forum in quite a while and haven’t posted in even longer. Anyway, the 8th of December will be 2.5 years since my Bordeaux ablation. Best thing I ever did. Before I had it done, i had paroxysmal afib for 6 years and I was on propafenone. Despite the aad, I was still getting brief afibs most days. Then the propafenone started causing a burning sensation in my feet and I had to stop. At that point I was getting afib multiple times daily. Most times I could stop it within 5 minutes but a few needed pill in pocket.
At that point I decided to go to Bordeaux. Being a Canadian I paid for it out of pocket but I didn’t have much confidence in my ep here.

Dr. Hocini performed the procedure and it’s been great ever since. No afib, though I’ve had a few bad periods with PACs. Usually during times of stress or after dental work.

Anyway, I thought I’d check in to say that if you’re considering an ablation and you’re where I was, do it. It was life changing. I can’t say enough good things about Bordeaux. Though the hospital looks a little on the run down side, the care is phenomenal.

Take care everyone!
Re: 2.5 years since Bordeaux
December 03, 2017 02:07AM
Great to hear from you Montos and glad to hear you are doing so well. Excellent choice on Bordeaux as a Canadian and Dr Hocini is first rate EP and a very nice lady to boot! I enjoy speaking with her, Michel Haissaguerre and Pierre Jais at the various EP conferences I attend each year as well!

Take care and don’t be a stranger!
Shannon
December 03, 2017 09:38AM
Yes, Montos...so good to hear from you. It has been a while.
Wonderful that you had such a positive result with Bordeaux... as expected.
You were fortunate to be able to do that.

Best to you,

Jackie
December 03, 2017 05:34PM
Montos,

Wonderful news!!

Thanks for the report.

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login