Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jardiance side effects!!

Posted by torontoAFIBguy 
Jardiance side effects!!
November 17, 2017 02:56PM
Started new diabetic MEd 3 weeks ago. Stopped on day 7. All hell had broken loose! Bacterial infection on genitals. Severe shortness of breath. Just had EKG and they think I am having atrial flutter now. Thoughts or experience with jardiance? Thanks
Murray

Murray L.
Richmond Hill (Toronto) Ontario
TIKOSYN uptake Dec 2011 - NSR Dec 2011
God Bless aFibbers.org
Re: Jardiance side effects!!
November 17, 2017 03:45PM
Murray, no idea on the Jardiance, but since you are in Toronto, suggest you go see Dr. Jason Fung. His objective is normal blood sugars and no meds <[idmprogram.com] I've been to conferences with him and he knows his stuff.
November 17, 2017 08:33PM
Just home from Southlake Regional Trauma Centre in Newmarket, Ontario. After a plethora of blood tests, pictures, history, investigation, the trauma team decided that what I have is acute bacterial pneumonia in both lungs, symptomatically showing as a mild fever and gross breathing difficulties. So much so that the very first thing they did when I arrived at the trauma centre was to put my oxygen to get my SpO2 levels above 90. It worked and after several hours of rest from heavy duty pumping of air and oxiginated blood made me feel 1000 times better than when I ARRIVED! I was offered the option of staying - they would make a room available. And keep daily watch over me for as long as I stayed.

I declined with thanks after consultation. I have an oxygen concentrator at home should I need it - but I did swipe some nasal canulas which I seem to have misplaced. I have been place on a week of Zinthromax antibiotic - at the end of the week we are going to revisit the issue with blood tests, x-rays, etc. The doctor in emerg was pretty sure that what I was dealing with is acute BACTERIAL pneumonia. And from the onset timing relative to other issues with the same onset timing, they were pretty confident that it was related to the Jardiance I had been taking.

If you read the very small print on Jardiance and read between some of the lines they as much as tell you "watch out - bacterial infections are going to occur".

I am left speechless as when I called the manufacturer's help line I was met with an in-depth questionairre and zero ZERO answers or suggestions.

Here I stand - I cananot, of course, swear that Jardiance caused my serious reactions/side effects, but I'd have to be pretty much a banana-head to come to any other conclusion.

When I arrived and on initial examination HEART FAILURE was suggested to me. Eight hours later, the conclusion had changed to acute bacterial pneumonia. Not a nice affliction, trust me.

So I simply say to you, this: If you are going to use Jardiance, be very, very observant of any indications you are running into trouble. Because that trouble can KILL. Google Jardiance and read the reviews online. Good luck and be careful.
November 18, 2017 08:46AM
Gosh Murray.... What a nightmare! So glad you are improving.
Keep us posted.

Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery.
Best to you,
Jackie
November 18, 2017 08:47AM
Hi Murray!

Great to hear from you, but very sorry it’s due to such troubles! Thanks for the Jardiance heads up. I second George’s advice to track down Dr Fung as the approach he takes may well help render dramatic improvement, even possible remission, of Type II Diabetes/insulin resistance symptoms with some dedicated adherence to their protocols, perhaps without having to take such drugs for the long term. It is certainly worth a similar effort that you have made to gain such good results with your AFIB.

Best wishes to you Murray and Be well!
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 09:43AM by Shannon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login