Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

join the UCSF heart study

Posted by AB Page 
join the UCSF heart study
November 15, 2017 12:11PM
If you might be interested in joining a heart study being conducted by the University of California at San Francisco, please visit:

[www.health-eheartstudy.org]

Anyone can join, whether you have heart disease or not. I think the only prerequisite is access to the web. I signed up, and am contributing data via manual web entry as well as data from a wearable and other electronic means, such as my AliveCor. The study duration is 10 years. I had to complete a lot of surveys that kind of front load the study. I'm a little concerned about granting them access to so much data, but I believe that, today, none of our data is truly safe anyway. They say they adhere to the HIPAA Privacy rule, and list a great deal about privacy concerns in their FAQ.

I have been very fortunate in receiving high quality care from (most of) my health care professionals as well as wonderful help from the good folks here and elsewhere. Because of that, I'm happy to give back and contribute. It's really only time and data. And when the collaborative Stanford medicine/Apple study commences this year, I hope to be a part of that as well. I know these kind of things aren't for everyone, but maybe they are for you.

[med.stanford.edu]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login